Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: alt print screen problems
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat alt print screen problems Post 302529173 by cokedude on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 05:28:56 PM
Old 06-08-2011
alt print screen problems

Can anyone explain why I am having a alt print screen? I am used to alt print screen taking a picture of the top window in focus. Do I need to make a shortcut or something?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print screen in linux

Hi All, Perhaps a dumb question, but how do you do a "print screen" within the X-Window in linux. I'm running KDE, is there a utility I can use in that package that I'm not aware of. Or, is there a way to turn on the <alt><print-screen> function with the keyboard? Thanks in advance. VJ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to print contents on the screen?

I have the following questions regrading Unix commands. 1. Could you provide the commands how to print the content of ".profile" and ".shrc" files on the screen using "more" and "piple" command? 2. How can i use the "head" and "tail" to display lines from 25 through 75... 3. How to search... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aadba
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print content on the screen

I have the following questions regrading Unix commands. 1. Could you provide the commands how to print the content of .profile and .shrc files on the screen using more and piple command? or a better way? 2. How can i use the head and tail to display lines from 25 through 75... or a better... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadba
4 Replies

4. AIX

print screen

Hi all, Could you please tell me how to take a screenshot in aix (like Print Screen button in windows)? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Alt Gr in Perl scripts

Hey I am new to programming in general but am trying to work in Perl. The thing is that almost every time I write a script (I use nedit) I get problems with Alt Gr. E.g. In stead of } I get <gs> or in stead of \ nothing happens. Sometimes it's really bad and when I want a new line then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Banni
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print on the screen a table in ascii

Hi Is there some kind of generator in the internet which could help me to create a table where i will place some values. Trying to do this with echo cmd, but maybe you will suggest me some generator fo r this. thx. ---------- Post updated at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print from screen session

Hello everyone, Following command sends word 'test' followed by an enter into a screen session (in our case screen_1). How do I print the result, if that would result ? How do I print the result, even if the program running in the session is locked ? Thank you :) screen -S screen_1 -X... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akula_1986
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print variable on screen

Hi, I've stored the output of a command into a variable. The variable contains the following output: outputline1 outputline2 outputline3 ... How can I echo the variable so that the output is as follow and not one line: outputline1 outputline2 outputline2 ... Thanks a lot! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sego
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

GNU-Screen Stuff problems

OPTIONS="java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar" PROCESS=server01 screen -dmS $PROCESS $OPTIONS nogui # Starting the application screen -x $PROCESS -X stuff `printf "stop\r"` # Closing the application screen -x $PROCESS # Attaching to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zanax
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the one function's log to the screen

c() { if something failed;then echo "failed" exit 1 fi } f() { functinona #if something failed call "c" functionb #if something failed call "c" } f > log 2>&1 #put the log to file not print on the screen I want all the stdout/stdrr to the log file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies
YASR(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   YASR(1)

NAME
yasr (Yet Another Screen Reader) - is an attempt at a lightweight, portable screen reader. SYNOPSIS
yasr [ -C config file ] [ -c ] [ -s synthesizer ] [ -p synthesizer port ] [ program arg1 arg2 ... argN ] DESCRIPTION
yasr is a lightweight, portable screen reader. It works by opening a shell in a pty and intercepting all user input/output, maintaining a window of what should be on the screen by looking at the codes and text sent to the screen. It only requires that the user be able to access the text to speech (TTS) device. yasr was originally designed in conjunction with a Speak-out TTS device. Yasr also attempts to support DEC-Talk, DoubleTalk, Apollo, and ViaVoice Outloud, but more work is needed to get these to work fully. It may be able to work with Emacspeak servers, however. Currently yasr has two sets of keymaps, one for "review mode" (ie, reviewing the screen) and one for the standard mode. Keys defined for the standard mode are checked irrespective of whether the user is in review mode or standard mode, but the review mode keymap is checked first in the former case. OPTIONS
-C config file The configuration file that yasr should use. -c Attempts to emulate bash's -c command. It runs /bin/sh, passing it the arguments that were passed to yasr. -s synthesizer The TTS synthesizer to use in conjunction with yasr. -p synthesizer port The port that the TTS synthesizer is connected to. yasr will also fork and exec a program to run, if it (and any optional command line arguments it needs) are given as the last command line arguments. KEYBOARD SETTINGS
Review mode spacebar Say review cursor position. ^ Move to the first character on the line, and say word. $ Move to the last character on the line, and say word. b Say previous character. c Say character. d Say next character. e Read from cursor to bottom of screen. f Search for text on the screen. < Search from cursor to top of screen, using the previously-entered search string. > Search from cursor to bottom of screen, using the previously-entered search string. k Move up a line and read the line (currently same as up arrow). l Say current line. m Move down a line and read the line (currently same as down arrow). n Bypass (send directly to the application). t Read from top to cursor. w Read entire screen. z Move to beginning of previous word and read the word. x Move to beginning of next word and read the word. up arrow Move to previous line and read the line. down arrow Move to next line and read the line. left arrow Move back one character and read the character. right arrow Move ahead one character and read the character. ( Go to previous paragraph. ) Go to next paragraph. alt-i Reinitialize the synthesizer. ` Read the ASCII value of the current character. Standard mode These keys also work in review mode. ctrl-a Say application cursor position. ctrl-l Say line. ctrl-n Bypass. ctrl-x Flush speech buffer. alt-b Say previous character. alt-c Say chracter. alt-d Say word. alt-e Read cursor to bottom of screen. alt-k Say previous line. alt-l Read line. alt-m Read next line. alt-r Toggle review mode. alt-t Read top to cursor. alt-w Read entire screen. alt-x Silence speech. Like ctrl-x but will continue to be silent until a key is pressed (pressing alt-x a second time will start speech again, for example). ctrl-alt-k Keyboard wizard. Allows the user to move, copy, or delete keybindings from within yasr. ctrl-alt-o Options menu. Allows the user to set options from within yasr. ctrl-alt-s Save configuration to disk. alt-enter Disable yasr. Yasr is silent and ignores all keys when disabled. Press again to re-enable. Note: this key is defined in the [options] section as "DisableKey" FILES
/usr/local/share/yasr/yasr.conf yasr configuration file. AUTHOR
Michael P. Gorse <mgorse@users.sourceforge.net> 16 August 2002 YASR(1)