Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using foreach with two lists
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using foreach with two lists Post 302528975 by sk1418 on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 10:04:53 AM
Old 06-08-2011
does it work if you write two 'foreach' into one line? i.e
Code:
foreach f (${a}) b (${b})   
echo "var1 = " $f 
echo "var2 = " $b 
  end

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

foreach command ?!

SaLAam What is the best way to change a word withing a files name. I know I'm not clear enough I will give example : - I have in /test/test N number of files like this 1662_WAITING 1666_WAITING 1670_DONE 1678_DONE 1663_WAITING 1667_WAITING 1673_WAITING ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoquest
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach/grep help!

#!/bin/bash foreach x (67402996 67402998) { grep -a x FINAL2006.dat >> MISSING_RECORDS.dat } I'm trying to pass a list to the variable x, and then grep for that string in FINAL2006.dat... Final2006.dat is in the same folder as my .sh file. I call this with a .cmd file... At any rate,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimWork
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach loop

What am I doing wrong with this foreach loop? foreach var ($argv) @sum = $sum + $var (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haze21
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop

Hi Guys, I have a loop which uses a wildcard i.e. foreach f (*) but when I execute the tcsh file in unix then it gives me an error ->>>>>>>foreach: words not parenthesized<<<<<<<<<<- Any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abch624
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop

Hi everyone Does anyone know what is wrong with this script. i keep getting errors foreach filename (`cat testing1`) set string=$filename set depth=`echo "$string" echo $depth end the error is the following testing: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `(' testing: line 1:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

foreach question

OK, so I am extremely rusty and am just getting back to Unix after 9 years. I'm stuck on something easy. I want to search line-by-line for a string in a file, and I want to do this to a series of files in a directory. This works fine to do the search: while read i; do grep $i file2; done... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moldoverb
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning foreach

im newbie at shell scripting. why do the following code #!/bin/tcsh setenv CBC ~/cbc/models/ foreach mix (p00p00 p02p00 p02p04) echo $mix cp $CBC/*$mix*Gyr*fits $mix/ end print(copy) only the first mix? % ./copyfromcbc.sh p00p00 wasn't it supposed to run through all words... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prtc
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach issue

Hello, I found that this foreach should work with two lists (source: Wikipedia.org) foreach i {1 2 3} j {a b c} { puts "$i $j"} == I try smth. like: With two text files: first.part second.part foreach first (`cat first.part`) second (`cat second.part`) toolcommand $first... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown7
22 Replies
CAIRO_SVG_SURFACE_GET_VERSIONS(3)					 1					 CAIRO_SVG_SURFACE_GET_VERSIONS(3)

CairoSvgSurface::getVersions - Used to retrieve a list of supported SVG versions

Object oriented style (method):

SYNOPSIS
publicstatic array CairoSvgSurface::getVersions (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style: array cairo_svg_get_versions (void ) Returns a numerically indexed array of currently available CairoSvgVersion constants. In order to retreive the string values for each item, use CairoSvgSurface::versionToString. PARAMETERS
This function has no parameters. RETURN VALUES
Returns a numerically indexed array of integer values. EXAMPLES
Example #1 CairoSvgSurface::getVersions example <?php /* Grab our list of versions */ $versions = CairoSvgSurface::getVersions(); var_dump($versions); /* echo the string name of each version */ foreach($versions as $id) { echo CairoSvgSurface::versionToString($id), PHP_EOL; } ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(2) { [0]=> int(0) [1]=> int(1) } SVG 1.1 SVG 1.2 Example #2 Procedural style <?php /* Grab our list of versions */ $versions = cairo_svg_surface_get_versions(); var_dump($versions); /* echo the string name of each version */ foreach($versions as $id) { echo cairo_svg_surface_version_to_string($id), PHP_EOL; } ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(2) { [0]=> int(0) [1]=> int(1) } SVG 1.1 SVG 1.2 SEE ALSO
CairoSvgSurface::versionToString. PHP Documentation Group CAIRO_SVG_SURFACE_GET_VERSIONS(3)