Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Free UNIX with ksh, perl, Oracle and SQL Post 302528940 by Sygonion on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 09:24:33 AM
Old 06-08-2011
Free UNIX with ksh, perl, Oracle and SQL

Is there a UNIX with ksh, perl, Oracle an SQL to download for free?
If not, how can I "build" one?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL into UNIX\Oracle - European Characters

Hi All! I'm new to Unix\Oracle but have been working with MS SQL Server for 8 years. I'm in the process of migrating data from MS to Oracle and have hit a problem. Some of the information I'm porting over has the following characters in it: ü and Ö to show a few. I'm able to export them out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PattyHernon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOw to connect oracle using ksh and perl script

HI, So far i have been worked on sybase with perl and ksh scripts, i don't know how to connect using oralce, if any body could explain that is great. Thanks in advance. chendra (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chendra.putta
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix call to Oracle PL/SQL pkg/store.proc

HI, I'm trying to get this right, please can you help. In my unix korn shell script, I call an oracle stored proc within a package and I specify 3 parameters, 2 of which are IN OUT parameters (i.e. I expect the stored proc to change them and return them back to me). Does the unix code... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csong2
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Oracle SQL statement in a UNIX script

Hi All, I need to select one column from a table based upon the passed in parameter. I tried this: sqlplus -silent $MISP_USER << EOF set feedback off; set verify off; set sqlprompt "" SELECT mail_flag FROM dailyjobs WHERE job_name = '$1'; exit 0 EOF exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Free UNIX software with oracle

Hi Friends, is there any site for download the UNIX operating system with Oracle database. if yes, Please send me the link for download the free Oracle software in UNIX environment. Thanks MPS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- oracle sql query

Hi, I am new to perl.How to query oracle database with perl??? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdev457
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass perl array to SQL oracle

Hello, Could someone please suggest if there is a way to pass an perl array(pass @v_array) to SQL as in below eg : #!/usr/bin/perl @v_array = (1,2,4,5,6,8); $db_userid = 'ni71/ni711'; $bufTPO = qx{ sqlplus -s << EOF $db_userid set verify off set feedback off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use of Oracle pl/sql in UNIX shell script

Hi, I have basic knowledge on how to write pl/sql code inside shell script. I am looking for more advance thing. Is there any book for that which can just talk about how to write more advance plsql code inside shell script. Please help Thanks!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle/SQLPlus help - ksh Script calling .sql file not 'pausing' at ACCEPT, can't figure out why

Hi, I am trying to write a script that calls an Oracle SQL file who in turns call another SQL file. This same SQL file has to be run against the same database but using different username and password at each loop. The first SQL file is basically a connection test and it is supposed to sort... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)													    OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)

oci_set_client_info - Sets the client information

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_client_info (resource $connection, string $client_info) DESCRIPTION
Sets the client information for Oracle tracing. The client information is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The client information can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $client_info - User chosen string up to 64 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the client information <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the client information oci_set_client_info($c, 'My Application Version 2'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the client // information: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select client_info from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_action(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)