Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Please help identify these user account Post 302528799 by rdstkg on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 03:26:31 AM
Old 06-08-2011
Please help identify these user account

Please help me identify these user accounts..
bin, lp, nuucp, smbnull, mysql, tftp
Can we remove these user or disable these users?We have to apply the security policy about the user identification.Since it was settup by our vendor long time ago. We do not have these informations about these users accounts.Thank you.
server HP-UX B.11.11

Last edited by rdstkg; 06-08-2011 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: update server info.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify User Machine name?

Hi Experts, We 4 to 5 people are using same UNIX(Solaris) login for our testing purpose. Also we are doing some modifications to existing scripts. Is it possible to know the each user machine (IP address or machine name) who are using the same login to modify the scripts. So that we can... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
12 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can distingiush user account

example root::0:3::/:/sbin/sh daemon:*:1:5::/:/sbin/sh bin:*:2:2::/usr/bin:/sbin/sh sys:*:3:3::/: adm:*:4:4::/var/adm:/sbin/sh uucp:*:5:3::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico lp:*:9:7::/var/spool/lp:/sbin/sh nuucp:*:11:11::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify root like user.

Hi All, I wanted to know if there is any way , in which a user could be identified. I need to diffrenciate between a root user and a root like user. Thanks! nua7 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
4 Replies

6. AIX

Identify User Attributes

SOS Guys... Is there any way to determine the user attributes, mainly if that userid is set as never expire? I do not have admin rights, and I'm working on AIX 5.3 I've tried : lsuser -f <username> but no luck on that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakygs
2 Replies

7. Linux

User Account Policy

Hi, i have the following config in the system-auth files auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so auth sufficient /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so account required ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yprudent
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

User account

I need to check actual date a user was disabled on my HP-UX server. Audit is claiming the user account was active during the last audit exercise. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyriac_N
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to identify user?

Hi Team I have created some time back a user called "iuser" but I am not able to login with it. I am getting below error. # su - iuser su: user iuser does not exist tried to unlock the user still get same error # pam_tally2 -u iuser -r pam_tally2: pam_get_uid; no such user iuser... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to identify users that have su'ed to a different account?

Hello and thanks in advance for anyone that can offer me any help with this! I'm trying to figure out a quick & easy way to see a list of everyone's effective user id... I would have thought 'w' or 'who' would be able to display if someone had switched user accounts... but it's only showing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bodisha
3 Replies
auths(1)							   User Commands							  auths(1)

NAME
auths - print authorizations granted to a user SYNOPSIS
auths [ user ]... DESCRIPTION
The auths command prints on standard output the authorizations that you or the optionally-specified user or role have been granted. Autho- rizations are rights that are checked by certain privileged programs to determine whether a user may execute restricted functionality. Each user may have zero or more authorizations. Authorizations are represented by fully-qualified names, which identify the organization that created the authorization and the functionality that it controls. Following the Java convention, the hierarchical components of an authorization are separated by dots (.), starting with the reverse order Internet domain name of the creating organization, and ending with the specific function within a class of authorizations. An asterisk (*) indicates all authorizations in a class. A user's authorizations are looked up in user_attr(4) and in the /etc/security/policy.conf file (see policy.conf(4)). Authorizations may be specified directly in user_attr(4) or indirectly through prof_attr(4). Authorizations may also be assigned to every user in the system directly as default authorizations or indirectly as default profiles in the /etc/security/policy.conf file. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Sample output The auths output has the following form: example% auths tester01 tester02 tester01 : solaris.system.date,solaris.jobs.admin tester02 : solaris.system.* example% Notice that there is no space after the comma separating the authorization names in tester01. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/user_attr /etc/security/auth_attr /etc/security/policy.conf /etc/security/prof_attr ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
profiles(1), roles(1), getauthattr(3SECDB), auth_attr(4), policy.conf(4), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 25 Mar 2004 auths(1)