Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Change to different user id inside a program Post 302528715 by rdcwayx on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 08:22:23 PM
Old 06-07-2011
Code:
man sudo

If your setup is ready, you can run the sudo command with other username

Code:
sudo -u user1 /command.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading filenames inside a program

UNIX Sun Ultra60 5.5.1 Hello everybody, I have a problem that seems simple but turns out to be complex (for me at least). My program needs to open a directory (this part is easy), scan each filename and determine whether or not a file with the suffix (.07) exists. So the program would return... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_t_kim
5 Replies

2. Programming

how to call c executable inside c program??

hi guys i have only basic knowledge of c so guys plz help me ..... i want 2 call c executable which requires file name as argument and i need to modify file contents before calling that executable now my question is how can i call this c executable inside another c program with arguments ?? i... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
9 Replies

3. Programming

Call a C programming executable inside a C program

hi guys i have only basic knowledge of C so guys plz help me ..... is C language support call the C executable inside the C ?? example contect mainA.c have a many function define in the struct,when i compile mainA and make a executable the name is ( A ),can i use executable C inside the C... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: isnoname
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating execution of commands inside a program

I have a program dnapars I execute the program from command line as following: ./dnapars The program then prompts me some message as a user menu from where I have to select a series of options in the order R U Y R. And then I copy the output file (outfile) in another result file. I wrote the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeptisjains
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login into another user from user inside script

now i have logged in username : ramesh in unix Now i have to created script file to login into another user and have run a command inside that user and after executing the command i have to exit from that user. Inside script, i have to login into su - ram along with password : haihow and have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tracking change inside the script

we have more then 10 jobs scheduled in cronjob.. but we can see some of the script has been changed without any notification.. can we write any script which captures any changes inside the scripts with time of change and user name like .. or any other option apart from this ?? Plz help .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch a text program inside a konsole at startup

Hi ULFers, I am trying to setup a (very) simple startup script on a centos 6.4 computer and it kind of failed.... Here are the details : As said just above the computer setup is running a CentOS 6.4 x64, on this computer a vncserver is automatically started (by a chkconfig vncserver on), i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pierpier
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Usage of shell commands inside a C program

Hi I have a program int main(int srgc, char *argv) { for(int i=1; i<50; i++) { system("dd if=/dev/zero of=file$i bs=1024 count=$i"); } return 0; } My doubt is how to use the "$i" value inside C code Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide bash code which is inside C plus plus program

I am embedding bash in cpp. Can the bash code be hidden (when we cat the executable to not be able to see the bash code) The simple code I am using: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; #define test1 "\ #!/bin/sh --posix \n\ echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frad
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to change paths inside a bash script?

i have some script with some paths inside it. The idea is to some files which is on desktop copy and move to another location. Problem is that inside script is similar to this: cp test1.zip /root/help/ because I allways have another zip files, does it possible to have some input which ask me... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
18 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)