Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sh script for file received confirmation Post 302528653 by mamemlin on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 03:41:57 PM
Old 06-07-2011
sh script for file received confirmation

I am new at scripting, (and this fourm- so hi guys!) and I was wondering is there something out there that I can use to do the following:

I receive a file on an FTP server
I would like a script to look at a specifc directory for a certain file
and when it arrives it will send an email confirmation.

the only caveat i see is that the same file sits there in the directory
until a new one overwrites it each day. so there will always be a file there.

I already have sendmail running so that is no issue

anything out there that I can modify?

please help!

Smilie

Thanks..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the time of last file received?

Hi, Is there a way of looking at the last file received and checking whether it is more than 24 hours old? E.g. /Archive/Files/h/h0012345.dat I need to look in a directory, get the date of the processed file and make sure it wasn't more than a day ago. If it is more than 1 day ago I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebootman
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I write a ksh script that will check if all ftp files are received?

I am trying to code a ksh script that will check to see if all 26 incoming ftp files have been received before proceeding to the next function, which is to rename each file. Here is the pseudo-code of what I am trying to do: <<STEP_1>> IF all ALS files have been transmitted then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doug145
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass all received args to a (wrapped) child script

I'm writing a wrapper script (in bash) that wraps another (bash) script. When calling the wrapped script, I need to pass all the received arguments/options to it. Is there a built in variable that holds all the options? I wrote a little while loop (see below) which works. But I wanted to know if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dilbert
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

twice confirmation in the script

from one script invoke another script will need to do double confirmation like: 'y' and 'y' exp: echo 'y' | /a/b/c.sh only input 1 'y' in the c.sh, but the c.sh required 2 'y' (twice confirmation) is there anyway get resolve this issue? please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinx
2 Replies

5. Linux

Run PHP script when new email received

I have been looking around for a solution to this, i have been developing for a wile though am very new to CGI, PHP and a lot of the web based tech. I have a web site hosted with a cPanel web host. I am looking to have a script(prefer PHP) to run everytime i get a new email to help@xxx.com.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: iKris
16 Replies

6. Programming

unexpected values received when writing and reading from file

In the code below i try to write and read from a file, but i get unexpected results, like after writing i cannot open the file, and when reading the file the value entered earlier is not shown bool creat_fragments(int nFragment) { int fd, rand_value; char frag_path, buf; for(int... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saman_glorious
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confirmation while deleting a file

Hi All, While am deleting a file in unix by using the command rm it's deleting the file directly IT's have to ask the user while deleting like do you want to delete filename y or N ? Kindly help on this. Thanks Thelak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check email with attachment received or not from UNIX shell script?

Hello Guys, Here is the requirement!! I want to check the mail with attachment received or not through unix scripting. And send an notification email when mail with attachment already received. Any thoughts on this is much appreciated!! Regards, Harry (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharry2017
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke a shell script in case mail with a specific subject is received

Hello fellow forum members, I have a script which returns a date (I can design the script to return the value in email), How can I design the script in AIX to invoke another shell script which performs some set of actions. Procmail doesnt work in AIX. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find directory is getting files in every 10 mins, if not then when last time file received

Dears, I am looking for a script which will work as a watch directory. I ha directory which keep getting files in every 10 mins and some time delay. I want to monitor if the directory getting the files in every 10 mins if not captured the last received file time and calculate the delay. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
6 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)                                             System Administration Commands                                             ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)