Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sendmail script throwing an error "No recipient addresses found in header" Post 302528581 by vivek_damodaran on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 12:17:30 PM
Old 06-07-2011
DGPickett,

Unfortunatly No...I tried with one e-mail account and its giving me the same error message.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Network Path Not Found Error "Sunfire V100"

I recently got this new old server from a friend. I just installed a fresh version of Solaris 10 on it. I have put a static IP of 192.168.100.10 the server. Their is no subnetting scheme on the network. And I made the hostname "SunServ." And I also changed the folder "/etc/inet/hosts" because I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisd11
4 Replies

2. Solaris

sendmail "root... User address required." error

I'm running sendmail (8.13.8+Sun/8.13.8/Submit) solaris 10. When I send mail to root at the command line (whether I use a full-qualified address or just root), I get the error message root... User address required. Sending mail to root (either at the command line or in a cron job),... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

when executing .sh script in telnet error "script not found"

Hi. i have written a wrapper script which inturn call the ftp child script in it. Now the problem is when i executing the same script in my script directory through putty it is getting executed successfully;where as through telnet i get an error "scripts not found" Can some one help me... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smiley
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

"No Drives Found" error during Redhat Linux AS 4 installation

I'm trying to install Redhat LInux AS 4 update 4 on an IBM x306 series server. I keep getting following error: "No Drives Found. An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem." I called IBM and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pieman8080
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON JOB SCHEDULER throwing "option not allowed error"

Hi All, Pardon me if this turns out to be a dumb question. But I am trying to schedule a cron job for a my script which takes input options. So an entry in crontab would be something like: 1 * * * * run_report.sh -o out.csv -m monthly -e somename@email.com > cron_output.log 2> cron_error.log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trueharsh
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail: how to restrict delivery based on "to" or "from"?

Hello, I manage a large sendmail server that handles more than 20,000 pieces of mail per day. It's a bit unusual in that all this mail is only being sent to and from 4 local accounts. (It's an automated transaction processing system, whereby users submit a transaction via email attachment). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Could interrupt disabled cause "opreport error: No sample file found"?

Hi All I would like to profile my application with oprofile but I can't since no samples are collected. The kernel of my app is 2.6 on RED HAT Enterprise 5.3 (Tikanga) so OProfile is setup in timer interrupt mode # opcontrol --list-events Using timer interrupt. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script fails with "function: not found" error

Hello everyone, I am having problems figuring this out. This script below is supposed to create a list of file names with their "md5sum", in a file "lib-list.txt" When I run it "sh component-list.sh " I get this:component-list.sh: 4: component-list.sh: function: not found component-list.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemb
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
USERDEL(8)						      System Manager's Manual							USERDEL(8)

NAME
userdel - Delete a user account and related files SYNOPSIS
userdel [-r] login DESCRIPTION
The userdel command modifies the system account files, deleting all entries that refer to login. The named user must exist. The options which apply to the userdel command are: -r Files in the user's home directory will be removed along with the home directory itself and the user's mail spool. Files located in other file systems will have to be searched for and deleted manually. FILES
/etc/passwd - user account information /etc/shadow - secure user account information /etc/group - group information CAVEATS
userdel will not allow you to remove an account if the user is currently logged in. You must kill any running processes which belong to an account that you are deleting. You may not remove any NIS attributes on an NIS client. This must be performed on the NIS server. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), chsh(1), passwd(1), groupadd(8), groupdel(8), groupmod(8), useradd(8), usermod(8) AUTHOR
Julianne Frances Haugh (jockgrrl@ix.netcom.com) USERDEL(8)