Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recursive Shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recursive Shell script Post 302528571 by yazu on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 11:56:31 AM
Old 06-07-2011
Try
Code:
wait $$

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive pid script

I'm trying to create a script that allows me to determine all the pid's that spawned from an original process(ie - who's running this command).... I've created a script that searches the processes running based on an argument passed the script. It then is to get the parent pid and look that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarnhar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script problem due to recursive directories Help please

Hello everyone , I am looking for a better solution then the one I have created for the my Task The task is: Create an automated script that will check for Uploads in a specified Directory and move them to another specified Directory if the files are completely uploaded. Files are FTP'd to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive call to find files and directories in Shell script from current path.

################################################################ Copy this script to your path from where you want to search for all the files and directories in subdirectories recursively. ################################################################# code starts here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramit_Gupta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logic needed to recursive looping in the script

Hello i have a requirement where in a file i will get string. The length could be from 1 to 20. if the string is less than 6 characters ( ex: ABCD) . i need to append 'X' on right hand side to make it 6 characters (ex: ABCDXX). if suppose i get the same string from the file as ABCDXX then i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with recursive handbrake script

I have a batch of mkv video files I would like to transcode to a more compressed format. After spending a significant amount of time experimenting with various parameters I think I have found the handbrake settings that give the best compromise. I now want to construct a simple bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonesal2
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating recursive unzip script

Hello. I am trying to create a script that recursively looks at my folder structure, and extracts any .7z files that have not already been extracted yet. I know that all .7z files only have a single .txt file in them, and the only .txt file in any directory would be from that .7z file. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinator
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write Config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies
PPPOE-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPOE-SETUP(8)

NAME
pppoe-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
pppoe-setup DESCRIPTION
pppoe-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 configuration script for the pppoe-start, pppoe-stop and +pppoe-connect scripts. AUTHOR
pppoe-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-SETUP(8)