Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Restoring to previous Boot Environment Post 302528511 by polo_mint4 on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 09:47:04 AM
Old 06-07-2011
Yes - I booted, from DVD, into single user mode using
Code:
boot cdrom -s

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding to boot-up environment

During the boot-up process *nix runs scripts linked into the runlevel directories rc#.d. What I'm wondering is, how do I control the environment that those scripts see? I need to set a couple environment variables, and I can NOT do it from within the scripts because it poses a maintenance nightmare... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
1 Replies

2. SCO

Wanting to boot from a previous kernel

I tried to add ppp on a serial line tty1b and I relink the kernel. Now, I would like to boot from the previous kernel because I lost the connexion for the others terminal (serial lines) too. I would appreciate any help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacctono
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Restoring Boot Manager after Windows Install

Hi everyone, so i have a 40Gb disk with Windows XP and Solaris 10 Installed... windows has once again become unoperable for virus and stufff, and i need to reinstall it, but when i do that the MBR will be overwriten right? and i wont be able to access solaris10 anymore, is there a way, like a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Messed up my boot environment or root profile

Ok, a couple weeks ago I was fixing a cron report about perl not happy with 'locale' info (LANG and LC not set). As a result, I was experimenting with setting the correct 'locale' in several areas (like /etc/sysconfig/i18n and who knows where). Somehow after a reboot, as soon as the OS starts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garball
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Update single zone in alternate boot environment.

I 'm having a weired situation my system has 8 zones, running fine on solaris x86_u4. I installed the live upgrade bundle patch and did a live upgrade. The new BE was created but it missed one of the zone and now if i mount the new BE i do not see that zone in the environment so my question is how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

6. Solaris

unable to boot afer restoring root partion manages by veritas

Hi all, After restoring the / FS on a netra 240. It is unable to boot the system. The message displayed is the following: "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable" Bellow, the content of /etc/vfstab before restoring: #more /etc/vfstab... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: faberarnold
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Automating old Boot Environment Cleanup Solaris 11

I'm trying to automate the patching process using scripts and cronjobs in Solaris 11. one of the things I'd like to do is cleanup the old boot environments. unfortunately beadm destroy requires a response :~$ pfexec beadm destroy -f solaris-13 Are you sure you want to destroy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Lucreate Fails to Create Boot Environment;

My OS solarius 5.10 Generic_147148-2 i86 Error: please review new boots environments using options 1. Solution - show me the commands Partition is full, try to remove some unneeded files, then try to compress some other unneeded files. man command creates a temp file under... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
0 Replies

9. Solaris

T5-4 Bootloop with 11.4 Boot Environment

TLDR: Patched a separate boot environment to 11.4. Activated and rebooted the system only to have it boot loop and show 11.3 on the patched boot environment. Bootloop process: The system went down, came up showing 11.3 then spewed bunch of errors and resetted. SEE BELOW FOR THE FINAL MSG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samthewildone
1 Replies
lustatus(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      lustatus(1M)

NAME
lustatus - display status of boot environments SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lustatus [-l error_log] [-o outfile] [BE_name] [-X] DESCRIPTION
The lustatus command is part of a suite of commands that make up the Live Upgrade feature of the Solaris operating environment. See live_upgrade(5) for a description of the Live Upgrade feature. The lustatus command displays the status information of the boot environment (BE) BE_name. If no BE is specified, the status information for all BEs on the system is displayed. The headings in the lustatus information display are described as follows: Boot Environment Name Name of the BE. Is Complete Indicates whether a BE is able to be booted. Any current activity or failure in an lucreate(1M) or luupgrade(1M) operation causes a BE to be incomplete. For example, if there is a copy operation proceeding on or scheduled for a BE, that BE is considered incomplete. Active Now Indicates whether the BE is currently active. The "active" BE is the one currently booted. Active On Reboot Indicates whether the BE becomes active upon next reboot of the system. Can Delete Indicates that no copy, compare, or upgrade operations are being performed on a BE. Also, none of that BE's file systems are currently mounted. With all of these conditions in place, the BE can be deleted. Copy Status Indicates whether the creation or repopulation of a BE is scheduled or active (that is, in progress). A status of ACTIVE, COMPARING (from lucompare(1M)), UPGRADING, or SCHEDULED prevents you performing Live Upgrade copy, rename, or upgrade operations. The following is an example lustatus display: Boot Environment Is Active Active Can Copy Name Complete Now On Reboot Delete Status -------------------- -------- ------ --------- ------ ---------- disk_a_S7 yes yes yes no - disk_b_S7db yes no no no UPGRADING disk_b_S8 no no no no - S9testbed yes no no yes - Note that you could not perform copy, rename, or upgrade operations on disk_b_S8, because it is not complete, nor on disk_b_S7db, because a Live Upgrade operation is pending. The lustatus command requires root privileges. OPTIONS
The lustatus command has the following options: -l error_log Error and status messages are sent to error_log, in addition to where they are sent in your current environment. -o outfile All command output is sent to outfile, in addition to where it is sent in your current environment. -X Enable XML output. Characteristics of XML are defined in DTD, in /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num>, where <num> is the version number of the DTD file. OPERANDS
BE_name Name of the BE for which to obtain status. If BE_name is omitted, lustatus displays status for all BEs in the system. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/lutab list of BEs on the system /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num> Live Upgrade DTD (see -X option) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWluu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lu(1M), luactivate(1M), lucancel(1M), lucompare(1M), lucreate(1M), lucurr(1M), ludesc(1M), ludelete(1M), lufslist(1M), lumake(1M), lumount(1M), lurename(1M), luupgrade(1M), lutab(4), attributes(5), live_upgrade(5) SunOS 5.10 23 Apr 2003 lustatus(1M)