Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match a line in File 1 with Column in File 2 and print whole line in file 2 when matched Post 302528506 by panyam on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 09:33:35 AM
Old 06-07-2011
I believe your files are not "," separated then; For the input files you provided , I got the desired output.

Please also make sure that , file1 does not have trailing spaces!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk+Grep Input file needs to match a column and print the entire line

I'm having problems since few days ago, and i'm not able to make it works with a simple awk+grep script (or other way to do this). For example, i have a input file1.txt: cat inputfile1.txt 218299910417 1172051195 1172070231 1172073514 1183135117 1183135118 1183135119 1281440202 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poliver
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strings from one file which exactly match to the 1st column of other file and then print lines.

Hi, I have two files. 1st file has 1 column (huge file containing ~19200000 lines) and 2nd file has 2 columns (small file containing ~6000 lines). ################################# huge_file.txt a a ab b ################################## small_file.txt a 1.5 b 2.5 ab ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file line by line print column wise

I have a .csv file which is seperated with (;) inputfile --------- ZZZZ;AAAA;BBB;CCCC;DDD;EEE; YYYY;BBBB;CCC;DDDD;EEE;FFF; ... ... reading file line by line till end of file. while reading each line output format should be . i need to print only specific columns let say 5th... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match multiple patterns in a file and then print their respective next line

Dear all, I need to search multiple patterns and then I need to print their respective next lines. For an example, in the below table, I will look for 3 different patterns : 1) # ATC_Codes: 2) # Generic_Name: 3) # Drug_Target_1_Gene_Name: #BEGIN_DRUGCARD DB00001 # AHFS_Codes:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: print matched line and exact pattern match

Hi experts, I have a file with regexes which is used for automatic searches on several files (40+ GB). To do some postprocessing with the grep result I need the matching line as well as the match itself. I know that the latter could be achieved with grep's -o option. But I'm not aware of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file needs to match a column and print the entire line

I have a file with class c IP addresses that I need to match to a column and print the matching lines of another file. I started playing with grep -if file01.out file02.out but I am stuck as to how to match it to a column and print the matching lines; cat file01.out 10.150.140... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match Strings between two files, print portions of each file together when matched ([g]awk)

I have two files and desire to use the strings from $1 of file 1 (file1.txt) as search criteria to find matches in $2 of file 2 (file2.txt). If matches are found I want to output the entire line of file 2 (file2.txt) followed by fields $2-$11 of file 1 (file1.txt). I can find the matches, I cannot... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print next line beside preceding line on column match

Hi, I have some data like below: John 254 Chris 254 Matt 123 Abe 123 Raj 487 Moh 487 How can i print it using awk to have: 254 John,Chris 123 Matt,Abe 487 Raj,Moh Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2009
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match Fields between two files, print portions of each file together when matched in ([g]awk)'

I've written an awk script to compare two fields in two different files and then print portions of each file on the same line when matched. It works reasonably well, but every now and again, I notice some errors and cannot seem to figure out what the issue may be and am turning to you for help. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare 1st column from 2 file and if match print line from 1st file and append column 7 from 2nd

hi I have 2 file with more than 10 columns for both 1st file apple,0,0,0...... orange,1,2,3..... mango,2,4,5..... 2nd file apple,2,3,4,5,6,7... orange,2,3,4,5,6,8... watermerlon,2,3,4,5,6,abc... mango,5,6,7,4,6,def.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tententen
1 Replies
XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)

NAME
xclip-copyfile, xclip-cutfile, xclip-pastefile - copy and move files via the X clipboard SYNOPSIS
xclip-copyfile [-p] FILES... xclip-cutfile [-p] FILES... xclip-pastefile DESCRIPTION
xclip-copyfile copies files into the X clipboard, recursing into directories. xclip-cutfile copies the files, but also deletes them afterwards. -p preserve path formation xclip-pastefile pastes the files out of the clipboard EXAMPLES
Copying a file to a remote host [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ echo "A file created on ${HOSTNAME}" > file1 [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ cat file1 A file created on maggie.lkpg.cendio.se Copying an entire tree structure [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-copyfile doc [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile doc/ doc/letter-mom-april.txt doc/file1 doc/letter-dad-march.txt Copying files with preserved path information [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile -p /etc/sysconfig/grub tar: Removing leading `/' from member names [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile etc/sysconfig/grub [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ ls etc/sysconfig/grub etc/sysconfig/grub Moving files [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-cutfile letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt ls: cannot access letter-brother-may.txt: No such file or directory [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ cd doc [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile letter-brother-may.txt AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Maximilian Gass <mxey@cloudconnected.org> for the Debian project. It may be used for everything else, of course. XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)