Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to open terminal automatically. Post 302528312 by mypass on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 01:49:00 AM
Old 06-07-2011
How to open terminal automatically.

hi,
I am using red hat .I want that when ever the user login in GUI interface the terminal windows automatically open and then the user want to logout it 1st close the terminal and then login. There is a file in #ls -a i.e .bashrc and .bash_logout

I does not know how to add my script in it ?Kindly guide me.
thanks
mypass

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically open

Hi I am trying to write a script to automatically use a predefined program to open a file according to its extension... But I don't know how to pass "programeta" ... :confused: while ]; do case $1 in -pdf ) programeta="kpdf" shift 1 ;; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pau
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to open and arrange terminal windows automatically under CDE?

Hi, Is there a way to open and arrange terminal windows automatically under CDE? For example, I want to open and arrange terminal windows like this: |------------| | TW TW TW | | TW TW TW | | TW TW TW | |------------| Thank you in advanced! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

My router has UPnP, as do its work with ubuntu to automatically open ports

My router has UPnP,how to make it work with ubuntu to automatically open ports I try to open the following command " /sbin/iptables -I INPUT -d 0/0 -s 0/0 -p tcp --dport 21 -j ACCEPT" ,local only opens ,if i put the ip 192.168.1.68, it works correctly, if i`m put my external ip does not work,I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhalus
9 Replies

4. Linux

How to open a gnome-terminal in specific workspace and run script within it automatically upon login

OK this is a bit messy. I run Fedora with gnome on a compiz desktop, I have a script (userstart) that opens my 'standard' environment for all my machines when I login. userstart flips to a specific workspace and then opens the required applications in that workspace then flips to the next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open a Webpage and automatically fill entries

Hi All, Is it possible that Perl script open a webpage and when that webpage opens there is some text box in which data needs to be filled.The Perl script read the data from file and fill in that webpage. And after that click the submit button. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Alias to Open new terminal?

Hello everyone. I want to create an alias of vi, so that everytime I use vi to edit something, it will open up a new terminal session, with the vi file that I want to edit. So for example if I enter: sudo vi /etc/bashrc This will open up a brand new terminal window, with the /etc/bashrc file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open gnome-terminal with multi tabs and automatically run a script in each tab

Hi All , i am trying to create an alias to open a new gnome-terminal and run some commands in each tab & to have a specific name for each tab i am using csh , tried this command gnome-terminal --tab -t "s1" --tab -t "s2" --tab -t "s3" --tab -t "s4" it opened 4 tabs but the title didn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Assem
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vim help.txt automatically open every time I open vi

Hi Friends, Every I try to open a vi window vim help.txt automatically opens evertime. After doing ZZ or :q! also the same page opens automatically. How to stop this? Is it machine specific ? Other users who are opening the same servers and files are not facing this issue. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vim help.txt automatically open every time I open vi

Hi Friends, Every I try to open a vi window, vim help.txt automatically opens evertime. After doing ZZ or :q! also the same page opens automatically. How to stop this? Is it machine specific ? Other users who are opening the same servers and files are not facing this issue. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pssh open terminal?

Hi folks. I'm using pssh to run commands on a cluster, (pis/Raspian/Jessie) but I'm opening a app that runs and runs and runs. It's quite helpful to vnc to a machine to make sure it's still running ok now and then, but they're basically left alone. Of course when pssh runs a command it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
2 Replies
ncweb(1M)																 ncweb(1M)

NAME
ncweb - launch the Network Interfaces Configuration and Network Services Configuration tools of HP System Management Homepage (HP SMH) SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The Network Interfaces Configuration and Network Services Configuration tools are system management tools that manage a system by configur- ing network interfaces and network services on HP-UX installed systems. These tools provide both Web-based user interface (GUI) and termi- nal user interface (TUI). The command can launch both the terminal user interface (TUI) and the Web-based interface (GUI) of the Network Interfaces Configuration and Network Services Configuration tools. In the case of TUI, the command launches the Networking and Communications window, from where the user (superuser) can select Network Interfaces Configuration or Network Services Configuration. In the case of GUI, the command launches the Tools page of HP SMH, from where the user (superuser) can select Network Interfaces Configuration or Network Services Configuration. You must have superuser privileges to access the Network Interfaces Configuration and the Network Services Configuration tools. With the Network Interfaces Configuration tool, you can configure the following network interfaces: o Auto Port Aggregation (APA) o Network Interface Cards (NIC) o Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) o Virtual LAN (VLAN) o Tunnels Note: APA and VLAN network interfaces are displayed only if the products are installed on the HP-UX system. With the Network Services Configuration tool, you can configure the following network services: o Bootable Devices o DHCPv6 o DNS (BIND) o Hosts o NIS o Name Service Switch o Network Services o Networked File Systems o Routes o System Access o Time When you run it attempts to connect to a Mozilla Web browser running on the X server defined by the environment variable. If finds a run- ning Mozilla client, it uses that client. Otherwise, initiates a new Mozilla session. The new session is initiated only if the Mozilla process is running in the same system as that referenced by the variable, unless the option is used. Note: By default, invokes the Mozilla Web browser. To support any other browser (for example, Netscape), set the environment variable as shown below: The command opens the terminal user interface if any of the following conditions are true: o The command is invoked with the option. o The environment variable is not set. The command opens the Web-based interface if all the following conditions are true: o The command is invoked with option. o The environment variable is set. o The command is available on the system. If the command cannot open the Web-based interface, the command opens the terminal user interface. Options recognizes the following options: Force a client browser to be used in less secure ways. The option forces the use of a client browser, even when the X-traffic between the X-server and the Mozilla browser is not secure. Use the option only when the network traffic between the host where Mozilla is running and the host in the environ- ment variable is secure. The option causes to invoke the Web-based interface of the Network Interfaces Configuration and Network Services Configura- tion tools. If cannot start the Web browser, it starts the terminal interface. Generate a temporary login bypass key. The bypass key enables the privileged user to access the Web interface without having to provide login information again. The option causes to invoke the Web-based interface of the Network Interfaces Configuration and Network Services Configura- tion tools. Open the terminal user interface for managing network interfaces and network services regardless of the current setting of the environment variable. Other Ways to Start the Tools You can also start the Network Interfaces Configuration and Network Services Configuration tools using one of the following methods: o Invoke and select the functional area to launch the terminal user interface or press on the keyboard to launch the Web-based interface. o Type the URL in the address bar of the Web browser to open the Web-based interface. The hostname is the name of the server. o Open the HP-UX Systems Insight Manager on the server and select the Network Configuration tool from the Online Help The online help is available after the Network Interfaces Configuration tool or Network Services Configuration tool is open. The online help provides information on how to use the tool. RETURN VALUES
Upon completion, returns one of the following values: Successful Error Occurred AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. SEE ALSO
sam(1M), smh(1M). ncweb(1M)