Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loop using "for" or ???
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop using "for" or ??? Post 302528242 by Shell_Life on Monday 6th of June 2011 05:32:41 PM
Old 06-06-2011
The beauty of shell scripts is that it looks almost like a pseudo code.

The solution is almost exactly as you described:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
for mInstance in $(echo "A B C D"); do
  for mServer in $(echo "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8"); do
    echo "mInstance <$mInstance> mServer <$mServer>"
  done
done

This User Gave Thanks to Shell_Life For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"for" and "while" loop problem in "sh"

Hi, I have a problem with "for" and "while" loop in "sh". I have: #!/bin/sh for i in $(seq 1 500000); do echo $i doneand it's working in sh on my ubuntu, but when I try to run this on unix(I have access to my university's unix) it crash: syntax error at line 2: `$' unexpected...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH: Interactive "cp" (and "mv") in a loop

Hi. I have a copy-file script (and a move-file script) that I recently tried to make interactive. I tested the former on three files from a text list, and watched to see what would happen. As the cp command was in a while/do/done loop, there was no pause for input: it wrote the file from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about the difference between "for" and "while" loop

dear all, i got some questions about for/while loop when working on redirect command output to for/while loop. take one for example : in for loop : allfiles=`find /var/log -maxdepth 1 -type f -mtime +5` index=1 for ((i=0; i<${#allfiles}; i++)); do echo "$index:${allfiles}" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
TCOM(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   TCOM(4)

NAME
tcom -- multiplexing serial communications interface SYNOPSIS
For 4-port TC-400 series boards: tcom0 at isa? port 0x100 irq 5 com2 at tcom? slave ? com3 at tcom? slave ? com4 at tcom? slave ? com5 at tcom? slave ? For 8-port TC-800 series boards: tcom0 at isa? port 0x100 irq 5 com2 at tcom? slave ? com3 at tcom? slave ? com4 at tcom? slave ? com5 at tcom? slave ? com6 at tcom? slave ? com7 at tcom? slave ? com8 at tcom? slave ? com9 at tcom? slave ? DESCRIPTION
The tcom driver provides support for the Byte Runner Technologies TC-400 and TC-800 series boards that multiplex together up to four or eight EIA RS-232C (CCITT V.28) communications interfaces. Each tcom device is the master device for up to eight com devices. The kernel configuration specifies these com devices as slave devices of the tcom device, as shown in the synopsis. The slave ID given for each com device determines which bit in the interrupt multiplexing regis- ter is tested to find interrupts for that device. The port specification for the tcom device is used to compute the base addresses for the com subdevices and the port for the interrupt multiplexing register. Not all possible configuration options are currently supported (for example, speeds beyond 115200 baud are not currently supported). FILES
/dev/tty?? SEE ALSO
com(4) HISTORY
The tcom driver was written by Jukka Marin. BSD
May 20, 1998 BSD