Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8: Multiple primary interfaces connected to the same network Post 302528239 by aeg on Monday 6th of June 2011 05:28:38 PM
Old 06-06-2011
Doesn't seem to help. This proprietary software comes with its own twist of the ipf/ipnat which overwrites any changes I make to the config file whenever I start the software. This has to be done at some routing level or some solaris config file level but I am still confused as to why, when this used to work and nothing on that level has changed. It should just use the interface that the data is being sent out of as that's the most direct path to the gateway.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Network interfaces problem

Hi, I have problems with my SCO unix network interfaces. Intel integrated adapter was failing, so I installed new one - 3COM adapter into free PCI slot. Installed driver using SCO Software manager - successfully Added new Network adapter using SCO Network configuration manager - successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

2. SCO

Network interfaces problem

Hi, I have problems with my SCO unix network interfaces. Intel integrated adapter was failing, so I installed new one - 3COM adapter into free PCI slot. Installed driver using SCO Software manager - successfully Added new Network adapter using SCO Network configuration manager - successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display the primary network interface...

How do I find out what the primary network interface is on an AIX system.. Found commands to display information on the various interfaces but nothing that guides me to how to tell which one is the primary network interface. Thanks, ~D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djlerman
1 Replies

4. AIX

NIM w/ two network interfaces

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. My main problem is this: I have a NIM server that I am trying to configure two interfaces on. One interface is for an internal Admin VLAN, the other is so that the server can use SUMA to pull updates. The problem is that I need help w/ the routing.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snakernetb
0 Replies

5. AIX

NIM w/ two network interfaces

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. My main problem is this: I have a NIM server that I am trying to configure two interfaces on. One interface is for an internal Admin VLAN, the other is so that the server can use SUMA to pull updates. The problem is that I need help w/ the routing.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snakernetb
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using ssh remains connected at primary site

Hi All, OS:AIX 5.3 L My shell script using ssh remains connected at primary site and ssh doesn't get disconnected.What should be typed and where in the shell script below to do it. Shell script ======== #!/usr/bin/ksh v_standby=`sqlplus -s /nolog <<END @standby.sql END` echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Network Interfaces

I got second IOU in my M5000 but not able bring internal network interfcae .. ike i don't get link on those 2 interfaces .. and the same network cable plugged in PCI network card it works like a charm Is there any special way to enable the internal IOU interfaces or i have bad nics ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
8 Replies

8. Debian

/etc/network/interfaces problem

Hello i am configuring a debian lenny sever ,/etc/network/interfaces is modified so that eth1 takes a static IP address then i save it wq! then i restart the networking , /etc/init.d/networking restart . but after reboot ,the file is reset ,note that the interfaces had by defauklt IPv6 address... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn82
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/network/interfaces

i need a one liner command that writes in /var/log/net.log the date when i connect to the network and when i disconect ..i know that i need to write somethin in /etc/network/interfaces but idk what ! please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0dlik3
1 Replies

10. AIX

Problem with multiple network interfaces

Hi .. we have two AIX 5.3 systems with a small client server app communicating over a TCP socket. Box A has a single network interface where the server app (in Java) opens a well known port and waits for connections from Box B. Box B has two network interfaces, X and Y. Interface X has the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RonBowater
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)