Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ^M character in the log file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ^M character in the log file Post 302528195 by jim mcnamara on Monday 6th of June 2011 03:49:59 PM
Old 06-06-2011
The dos2unix (also: dos2ux) command is designed to get rid of the windows carriage returns in a file. ^M is part of windows/dos carriage control.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i read a file character by character

How to read character by character using awk (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karnan
6 Replies

2. AIX

check for a particular character inside a file and substitute with a given character?

i am a newbie to shell script,so i want a kshell script in which i need to check for a particular character inside a file through conditional looping(like if ,case,while)and if that character exists ,then substitute a given character to that character. consider a file test.txt,inside the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikprasathk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read in a file character by character - replace any unknown ASCII characters with spa

Can someone help me to write a script / command to read in a file, character by character, replace any unknown ASCII characters with space. then write out the file to a new filename/ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghav525
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I read a file character by character?

Hello all respected people, Can i read a file character by character without using sed,awk and perl commands. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtaza
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all characters from 350th character to 450th character from the log file

Hi All, I have a big log file i want to delete all characters (between 350th to 450th characters) starting at 350th character position to 450th character position. please advice or sample code. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read character by character in a file

Hi, How read character by character from a file . and i need replace '.' with null if it comes as a 5 character i am beginner ...please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartheek
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking a file into three new files, character by character

I am new to shell scripting, and need a script to randomly distribute each character from a file into one of three new files. I also need each character to maintain it's position from the original file in the new file (such that if a character is written to File 1, Files 2 and 3 have spaces... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: foxcastle
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

read the text file and print the content character by character..

hello all i request you to give the solution for the following problem.. I want read the text file.and print the contents character by character..like if the text file contains google means..i want to print g go goo goog googl google like this Using unix Shell scripting... without using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samupnl
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File character adjustment based on specific character

i have a reqirement to adjust the data in a file based on a perticular character the sample data is as below 483PDEAN CORRIGAN 52304037528955WAGES 50000 89BP ABCD MASTER352 5434604223735428 4200 58BP SOUTHERN WA848 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pema.yozer
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove newline character if it is the only character in the entire file.?

I have a file which comes every day and the file data look's as below. Vi abc.txt a|b|c|d\n a|g|h|j\n Some times we receive the file with only a new line character in the file like vi abc.txt \n (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rak Kundra
8 Replies
LOG1P(3)								 1								  LOG1P(3)

log1p - Returns log(1 + number), computed in a way that is accurate even when the value of number is close to zero

SYNOPSIS
float log1p (float $number) DESCRIPTION
log1p(3) returns log(1 + $number) computed in a way that is accurate even when the value of $number is close to zero. log(3) might only return log(1) in this case due to lack of precision. PARAMETERS
o $number - The argument to process RETURN VALUES
log(1 + $number) CHANGELOG
+--------+--------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+--------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is now available on all platforms | | | | +--------+--------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
expm1(3), log(3), log10(3). PHP Documentation Group LOG1P(3)