Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux vncserver gnome display error Post 302528141 by DGPickett on Monday 6th of June 2011 01:15:58 PM
Old 06-06-2011
Yes, that shows it did not start, perhaps due to some configuration problem as described in various pages I Googled. Read on. Bonobo / GNOME startup errors = dead PRAM battery? - Ubuntu Forums

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Display program running on CDE via GNOME

Hi All, I have one AIX box (5.1 with CDE running) and one Linux box ( FC3 with GNOME on it). What I want to be able to do is : SSH from the Linux box into the AIX box and then open an X term to launch a X window application. I am not able to do that. My guess is that the window mangers and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navinxavier
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

vncserver xlib error

Hello! Im running tight VNC on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0. How can I increase the number of X clients that I can run in a VNC session?I need to run aproximately 500 programs in one VNC session, but at this time I can only 236 -> i've tryed to launch 250 xclock's in background and when it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karpoand
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

how to use vncserver and vncviewer?

hello, I have two fedora 8 systems connected in LAN. I have typed "vncserver" on one terminal; gave a password. Then went to the next terminal and typed "vncviewer".It asked me for host server.I gave the IP address of the above system.But it prompted that "server not found". I tried "ping"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
4 Replies

4. BSD

error when GNOME start-up

Salamo Alikom when gnome start up after 2 or 3 minuts i got this MSG : Error activating XKB configuration. It can happen under various circumstances: - a bug in libxklavier library - a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities) - X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation X... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFE
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

vncserver

Hi, I am trying to install vncserver on a fedora system. I am wondering how can i get the vncserver rpm to install. I am not having it in the yum repository. (by the way is vncserver free ?) How could i download the rpm and install it ? Please advice me on this. Thanks in advance! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
12 Replies

6. Ubuntu

VNCserver not working?

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to the vncserver on my Ubuntu server 10.04.2. # vncserver :1 A VNC server is already running as :1 # ps -ef | grep vnc root 2944 1683 0 13:47 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto vnc I think I have got all the necessary binaries (below) but when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

VNCSERVER Install

Hi All, Just wondering if someone can help me out here: Wanted to install vnc server on Centos 6, yum installed tigervnc but there after I do not see any services associated with it. Also, I had installed SAMBA and proceeded with SWAT installation but I am unable to access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2z1982
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

9. Linux

Vncserver NOT working

Hi all, I received following messages while trying to run vncserver, what could be reason behind this. vncserver Warning: system1.pen.com:1 is taken because of /tmp/.X11-unix/X1 Remove this file if there is no X server system1.pen.com:1 Warning: system1.pen.com:2 is taken because of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies
XCHAT-GNOME(1)							   User Commands						    XCHAT-GNOME(1)

NAME
xchat-gnome - a new front-end to the popular xchat IRC client SYNOPSIS
xchat-gnome [OPTION...] OPTIONS
Help Options: -?, --help Show help options --help-all Show all help options --help-gtk Show GTK+ Options --help-bonobo-activation Show Bonobo Activation options --help-gnome Show GNOME options --help-gnome-session Show session management options --help-gnome-ui Show GNOME GUI options Application Options: -d, --cfgdir=directory Use directory instead of the default config dir -a, --no-auto Don't auto-connect to servers -n, --no-plugins Don't auto-load plugins -u, --url=irc://server:port/channel Open an irc:// url -e, --existing Open URL in an existing XChat-GNOME instance -v, --version Show version information --display=DISPLAY X display to use SEE ALSO
http://live.gnome.org/Xchat-Gnome AUTHOR
Marco Cabizza <marco87@gmail.com> Guillaume Desmottes <cass@skynet.be> xchat-gnome 0.14 August 2006 XCHAT-GNOME(1)