Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Mitel Standard Linux Installation Problems Post 302528103 by Corona688 on Monday 6th of June 2011 12:08:30 PM
Old 06-06-2011
I don't think you need to boot from flash drive. You just need to get the information to the CD once it's booted somehow.

If the CD doesn't detect your drives at all, what about another distro? Can a gentoo livecd detect anything at all? Not to install it, just to see what drivers it uses.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation problems!

Hello, I just wanted to install a red hat on my pc, it says that it can not find a file! and i should click return! When I click ok or I use esc, it does not work! Just the error page returns!! and then i formated my pc due to this error :( plz help me! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: creative
13 Replies

2. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 Installation Problems

Happy new year guys. I have a inspiron 5100 laptop "Dell" When i'm trying to install SCO openserver 5.0.7 i get this error right after it goes thru the hardware bootup stage. The error is (PANIC: wdsetparam: no device info for ctlr 1 drive 0 is ctlr 0 , drive 0 not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Patch Installation Problems

Hi people: I am having trouble installing some HPUX patches on my 11.00. I am a novice :confused: at this so bear with me. I do not understand how to install depots. Now I'm trying to patch my system so I can get the Oracle client installed. Oracle says I need these two patches:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFA
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GTK installation problems

This is what happened when I installed my gtkglarea-1.2.3 My GTK+ installation was successful. I installed on a non-standard location having set all my variables for package config,library and executables checking for GTK - version >= 0.99.7... ./configure: line 12482:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: preyan
0 Replies

5. BSD

FreeBSD Installation problems

Hi all, I'm new to the world of Unix/Linux (though not to computing in general) and I'm having a few issues installing FreeBSD (v6.2). Firstly, I realise that it's not the most user-friendly of distros, especially for newbies, but it's what I'm required to install so unfortunately I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Techmonkey
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Python Installation problems on Redhat Enterprise Linux.

Hi All, I have to upgrade python installed on my Redhat enterprise Linux 4. I downloaded the latest python package from python website but not able to install the new package as the make command itself goes on running for more than a day. Can some help me regarding this. Is ther any method to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen H
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Help me to solve problems of installation

Hi everyone, I have just installed Linux redhat 9.0, Unfortunately i met a error, it annonced as following when i pressed ENTER at the first step on installation and then i stoped: PCI: 00:13.2 PCI cache line size set incorrectly (64 bytes) by BIOS/FW PCI: 00:13.2 cache line size too... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertPh
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

SWAT Installation problems

Hi, I have been trying to install SWAT on redhat 6 for samba4. The samba server was installed by another administrator but not swat. Please find output of yum install samba-swat in the attached file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p2bas
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXPECT | Shutdown MITEL by Serial.

Hi everybody, I'm from Spain so excuse my english. I'm Trying to Shutdown the Mitel 3300 CXI by serial port. I'm trying to do this with the EXPECT software. The problem is: The connection is done. The "shutdown" is done BUT the Mitel auto-boot if the script does not type... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jonsaldana
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Problems with Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)