Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Column as File Name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Column as File Name Post 302528048 by panyam on Monday 6th of June 2011 10:38:48 AM
Old 06-06-2011
Code:

awk -F"|" 'NR > 1 {f=$1;$1="";a[f]=$0;print a[f] >> f }' OFS="|" input_file

populating the headings in each file is left to you to understand how it works!!

Regards
Ravi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check Null values in a file column by column if columns are Not NULLs

Hi All, I have a table with 10 columns. Some columns(2nd,4th,5th,7th,8th and 10th) are Not Null columns. I'll get a tab-delimited file and want to check col by col and generate seperate error code for each col eg:102 if 2nd col value is NULL and 104 if 4th col value is NULL so on... I am a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To cut entire column from a file and apend it to another file as another column

file1.txt : india pakistan bangladesh japan canada africa USA srilanka Nepal file2.txt Delhi Tokyo washington I have to cut the first column of file1.txt and apend it with file2.txt as another column like this Delhi india Tokyo japan washington USA ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing one column of delimited file column to fixed width column

Hi, Iam new to unix. I have one input file . Input file : ID1~Name1~Place1 ID2~Name2~Place2 ID3~Name3~Place3 I need output such that only first column should change to fixed width column of 15 characters of length. Output File: ID1<<12 spaces>>Name1~Place1 ID2<<12... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manneni prakash
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2 file 1 sample SNDK 80004C101 AT XLNX 983919101 BB NETL 64118B100 BS AMD 007903107 CC KLAC 482480100 DC TER 880770102 KATS ATHR 04743P108 KATS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rydz00
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing column of two different files and print the column from in order of 2nd file

Hi friends, My file is like: Second file is : I need to print the rows present in file one, but in order present in second file....I used while read gh;do awk ' $1=="' $gh'" {print >> FILENAME"output"} ' cat listoffirstfile done < secondfile but the output I am... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace column that matches specific pattern, with column data from another file

Can anyone please help with this? I have 2 files as given below. If 2nd column of file1 has pattern foo1@a, find the matching 1st column in file2 & replace 2nd column of file1 with file2's value. file1 abc_1 foo1@a .... abc_1 soo2@a ... def_2 soo2@a .... def_2 foo1@a ........ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashali
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Need help replacing a specific column in a file by part of a column in another file

Hi, I have two input files as File1 : ABC:client1:project1 XYZ:client2-aa:project2 DEF:client4:proj File2 : client1:W-170:xx client2-aa:WT-04:yy client4:L-005A:zz Also, array of valid values can be hardcoded like Output : ABC:W:project1 XYZ:WT:project2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aa2601
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sorting a column in a file based on a column in a second file

Hello, I have two files as the following: File1: F0100020 A G F0100030 A T F0100040 A G File2: F0100040 A G BTA-28763-no-rs 77.2692 F0100030 A T BTA-29334-no-rs 11.4989 F0100020 A G BTA-29515-no-rs 127.006 I want to sort the second file based on the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare 1st column from 2 file and if match print line from 1st file and append column 7 from 2nd

hi I have 2 file with more than 10 columns for both 1st file apple,0,0,0...... orange,1,2,3..... mango,2,4,5..... 2nd file apple,2,3,4,5,6,7... orange,2,3,4,5,6,8... watermerlon,2,3,4,5,6,abc... mango,5,6,7,4,6,def.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tententen
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy a column of multiple files and paste into new excel file (next to column)?

I have data of an excel files as given below, file1 org1_1 1 1 2.5 100 org1_2 1 2 5.5 98 org1_3 1 3 7.2 88 file2 org2_1 1 1 2.5 100 org2_2 1 2 5.5 56 org2_3 1 3 7.2 70 I have multiple excel files as above shown. I have to copy column 1, column 4 and paste into a new excel file as... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
26 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)