Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copy and merge texts between two pattern Post 302528024 by yazu on Monday 6th of June 2011 09:30:37 AM
Old 06-06-2011
1. to find all the files from a Folder "folder_name" and from its 4 or 5 sub folders which contain a certain pattern "pattern1".
Code:
grep -r -l 'pattern' folder_name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge columns into one line after a specific pattern

Hi all, im a linux newbie, plz help! I have a file - box -------- Fox-2 -------- UF29 zip42 -------- zf-CW SNF2_N Heli_Z -------- Fox -------- Kel_1 box (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines in text file based on pattern

Hello, I have searched forum trying to find a solution to my problem, but could not find anything or I did not understand the examples.... I should say, I am very inexperienced with text processing. I have a text file with approx 60k lines in it. I need to merge lines based on the number... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertik
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines from one file if pattern matches

I have one comma separated file (a.txt) with two or more records all matching except for the last column. I would like to merge all matching lines into one and consolidate the last column, separated by ":". Does anyone know of a way to do this easily? I've searched the forum but most talked... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge same pattern lines together

Hi people... I normally find with out any problem the solutions I need just by searching. But for this I'm not having any joy or jsut failing to adapt what I'ev found to work. I have applciation report that doesn't allow for manipulation at creation so I want to do some post modifcation... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines if pattern matches in ksh

I have a file like this. Pls help me to solve this . (I should look for only Message : 111 and need to print the start time to end time Need to ignore other type of messages. Ex: if first message is 111 and second message is 000 or anything else then ignore the 2nd one and print start time of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnjx
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting: Compare pattern in two files and merge the o/p in one.

one.txt ONS.1287677000.820.log 20Oct2010 ONS.1287677000.123.log 21Oct2010 ONS.1287677000.456.log 22Oct2010 two.txt ONS.1287677000.820.log:V AC CC EN ONS.1287677000.123.log:V AC CC EN ONS.1287677000.820.log:V AC CC EN In file two.txt i have to look for pattern which column one... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

merge lines within a file that start with a similar pattern

Hello! i have a text file.. which contains the data as follows i want to merge the declarations lines pertaining to one datatype in to a single line as follows i've searched the forum for help.. but couldn't find much help.. how can i do this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a_ba
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge same pattern of same column in one line

Hello, I have some problem in the modified shell script. I would like to merge the same word in column 1 in one line. Example : A1 B1 2 A2 B1 4 A3 B1 7 A1 B2 1 A2 B2 10 A3 B2 8 Expected output : A1 B1 B2 2 1 A2 B1 B2 4 10 A3 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: awil
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to merge lines based on pattern

Hi, I have a requirement to merge multiple lines based on search pattern. The search criteria is : it will search for CONSTRAINT and when it found CONSTRAINT, it will merge all lines to 1 line till it founds blank line. For Example: CREATE TABLE "AMS_DISTRIBUTOR_XREF" ( "SOURCE"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files and copy some data using sed or awk

Copy data from other file to paste cat file1: Name: server1.data.com data1 server1 running Name: server3.data.com data3 server3 running cat file2: server1 good server2 bad network not ok server3 good Output: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies
flow-merge(1)						      General Commands Manual						     flow-merge(1)

NAME
flow-merge -- Merge flow files. SYNOPSIS
flow-merge [-aghm] [-b big|little] [-C comment] [-d debug_level] [-o filename] [-z z_level] [file|directory ...] DESCRIPTION
The flow-merge utility processes files and/or directories of files in the flow-tools format. The resulting merged data set is written to the standard output or file specified by -o. If file is a single dash (`-') or absent, flow-merge will read from the standard input. Unlike flow-cat, flow-merge interleaves flow records preserving the relative chronological order. OPTIONS
-a Do not ignore filenames that begin with tmp. -b big|little Byte order of output. -C Comment Add a comment. -d debug_level Enable debugging. -g Sort file list by capture start time before processing. -h Display help. -m Disable the use of mmap(). -p Preload headers. Use to preserve meta information such as lost flows. -o file Write to file instead of the standard out. -z z_level Configure compression level to z_level. 0 is disabled (no compression), 9 is highest compression. file|directory... Process the files and/or directory. EXAMPLES
Merge all flow files begining with ft-v05.2001-05.01, use flow-print to display the results. flow-merge ft-v05.2001-05-01.* | flow-print BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Larry Lidz ellidz@eridu.uchicago.edu SEE ALSO
flow-tools(1) flow-merge(1)