Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Server usually restart not reason Post 302528009 by click on Monday 6th of June 2011 08:13:47 AM
Old 06-06-2011
Can you post the entire log for "Jun 6 16:" ot at least some of the lines before

Code:
Jun  6 16:40:14 <name_sever> syslogd 1.4.1: restart.

Also

Code:
# last | grep reboo

Will be helpful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount: failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

Hi , I have a filesystem on AIX 4.3.3 which i need to share with other clients who use Windows NT and Redhat linux 7.3. I use samba to share this with Windows NT Clients. Now i was to share this with Linux clients. When i try to nfs mount this on Linux i get "mount: failed, reason given by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sushesh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can I restart X server ?

WITHOUT shutdown X ??? thanks , Ivan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oneivan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restart the tomcat server

hi, I need a command that restart the tomcat server. for example for restart the tomcat i am using following command, /etc/init.d/tomcat restart ..but sometimes is not working...might be i want to use java code access this peace of script. like using the grep and ps commands can i use?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar reddy
2 Replies

4. SuSE

How to check Server reboot reason

Hi, I want to know how can we check Server reboot reason on Suse linux ? or what caused server to reboot or hung. anyone knows abut the it. ? Bryan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Restart Xvnc server

Hi My i ask how to restart the Xvnc server running on a solaris box. This is the Xvnc server running process: Xvnc:1 -httpd /usr/local/vnc/classes -geometry 1024x768 -rfbwait 5000 -rfauth <dir> -rfbport <port no> -alwaysshared Additional Question: 1. Should i kill the process and restart... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restart Linux server

Hello all: I am new to LINUX/UNIX administration task. My Infrastructure admin has allocated me a special lab server in client location. Per my requirement, had chanted few settings in LINUX/UNIX and need to reboot the server. I am the "root" user. I had used "shutdown -r now" at command line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Unix server restart automatically

We have HP K class unix server, It's automatically restart the server. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh24pal
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to restart a service in secondary server.

Can any one help me with a script to restart secondary server and sync data in it.. smsc101-0:ssh smsc101-1 "invoke-rc.d smsc restart" pwd:*** smsc101-0:rsync -avz /usr/local/smsc/data smsc101-1:/usr/local/npac/data (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinuku
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UI accessiblity problem when using cronjob for server restart

Hi, I have a couch Db server running. I have written a script which will check and kill the multiple instances of the same and then start again a new one. Now when i start the db server manually, the UI of the DB is accessible via browser. But when i do the same using cronjob, the UI of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarath@123
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Restart the web server

Hi, Unix AIX, on WebLogic How to Restart the web server Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)