Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extracting sentences that only contain a word Post 302527963 by Shahul on Monday 6th of June 2011 06:35:30 AM
Old 06-06-2011
This should give what u want....
Code:
nawk 'NF==1 {print}' filename

Thanks
SHa

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting from second word

Hi all, I need to extract the Particular string from the whole word,the input file is : 123,345,aaaa,555,....,.... I need all the record from 345 so i need to eliminate the first record. Output: 345,aaa,5555,....,.....,..... Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: array, assigning multi-word sentences with quotes

Just wondering if there's a better way to get these complete sentences into an array and keep the quotes intact? All the quotes make it look ugly to me but it works. I want to be able to refer to the full sentences by index. I've tried a few qw and qq/ aproaches but what I have below seems about... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gctaylor
4 Replies

3. Programming

How to extract a sentences of word from a text file.

Hi , i have a text file that contain a story How do i extract the out all the sentences that contain the word Mon. in C++ I only want to show those sentences that contain the word mon eg. Monkey on a tree. Rabbit jumping around the tree. I am very rich, I have lots of money. Today... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting sentences that only contain a word

Hi guys Need your help how do I extract sentences with only a word i.e. today is hot hot very humid humid2 Sample output hot very (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamestan
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a word from a variable

Hi Guys, Need you quick assistance on the below, trying to extract a word from a variable i.e. acmi101acmi102acmi103acmi104 When i use the following code awk '{gsub(/cmi102/,"")};1' it leaves a space in the variable, need to get rid of the space that it leaves. Any ideas. the above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems extracting word using SED

I have a file containing strings such as: UPDATE PS_CA_BI_FF2_TA3 SET DELETE_ME = 'Y' WHERE PROCESS_INSTANCE BI.LAST_UPDATE_DTTM FROM PS_CA_BP_LINES LINE, PS_INTFC_BI BI WHERE EXISTS ( SELECT 'X' FROM PS_CA_BILL_PLAN BP WHERE BP.CONTRACT_NUM %Select(COUNTER4) SELECT COUNT(*) FROM PS_INTFC_BI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpletech369
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting part of a word

I have the code message={TP=2012:09:23:00:00:00:GMT,SD=2012:09:23:00:00:00:GMT,SP=2,FT=CCGT,FG=3605} I want to extract the FG=3605 parts of this. Please help. I am trying to do this using awk or unix. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JenniferTopham
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Extracting whole word containing substring

hello. I get this text when using some command : S | Name | Type | Version | Arch | Repository --+-----------------+---------+---------+------+------------- | AdobeReader_enu | package | 9.5.4-1 | i486 | zypper_local I need to get "AdobeReader_enu" from the the pattern "Ado"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing first word while extracting

Hello All, I am extracting a part of file. the file looks as follows USING CHARACTER SET UTF8 DEFINE JOB ( DEFINE SCHEMA Flat_File_Schema ( cntnt_id VARCHAR(10) ); DEFINE OPERATOR o_mload TYPE update SCHEMA * ATTRIBUTES ( VARCHAR TdpId = @TdpId (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - extracting the first word only if match

Hello. from a text file, I want to get only the first word ( before blank ) following code= grep -i -e "WORD1" "/path/to/text/file.txt | sed -n 's/WORD1\+//p' | sed -n 's/code=/\1/p' return an error. sed: -e expression #1, char 12: invalid reference \1 on `s' command's RHSFor debugging... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)