Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat insmod Error inserting `/lib/raid456.ko` -1 File Exist Post 302527933 by Saed on Monday 6th of June 2011 04:54:09 AM
Old 06-06-2011
thanks click , straight to the Point Smilie

but still can`t figure it out Smilie "specifically how to rebuild the initrd"
i`m still new to linux world , almost my 6th month ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Error: file </tmp/srw25108193> does not exist

Hi Everybody I need help from you guys. I'm getting this message on PC where i'm running Unix User using Reflection in order to get graphically format for Oracle Report Server. What is causing this msg and how to solve it? Regards and thanks in advance. Gege *Error: file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If we need to add a .ko file to your kernel. What we do is use insmod every time you

If we need to add a .ko file to your kernel. What we do is use insmod every time you boot. But if we would like it to load at boot automatically, what would we do? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupa
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insmod error - no such device

Hi Everyone, I am relatively new to Linux. After about three months of trying to compile a driver for a ESDCAN card, I finally found a version and kernel that worked. I am running Slackware V12.0 with kernel version 2.6.24.5-smp. When I use insmod to insert the driver file (esdcan-pci331.ko),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brian-UOIT
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: can't open the file - Error Messages while rebooting

I have an X4500 server running solaris 10 and when I reboot my system it displays the following errors messages. Could someone help me with this ??? NOTICE: pci8086,1011 - e1000g : Adapter 100Mbps full duplex copper link is up. Nov 8 17:41:46 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: can't open the file Nov 8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exist checking error

Hi all, I have following code: export USERID=user export BATCHHOSTIP=190.113.3.324 remotePath=/home/user fileName=redbook.txt EXIST=`ssh $USERID@$BATCHHOSTIP 'if ; then echo 0; else echo 1 ; fi'` echo $EXIST II run the code from other server. The redbook.txt file is exist in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suigion
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

ls: /lib/libattr.so.1: no version information available (required by /lib/libacl.so.1)

Hello, I'm experimenting a problem on my rh server. Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 8) 2.4.21-47.ELsmp #1 SMP i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux It started with a segmentation fault on #id root To resolve it, I've installed coreutils-4.5.3-28.4.i386.rpm But, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ORA-01756 Error while inserting a file in CLOB field

Hi, Please guide me where i am doing wrong, i am getting ORA-01756:quoted string not properly terminated when i am trying to insert file into CLOB cloumn of Oracle DB. Please find below the code where log file variable is myLogFile. Please let me know where i am doing wrong. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insmod: Invalid module format error

I have open suse kernel kernel 3.1.0-1.2-desktop on which I used kernel source 3.1.10-1.2 downloaded from kernel.org. The module gets built. While loading a kernel module I am getting Invalid module format error with description "first_driver: no symbol version for module_layout" The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insmod error: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout

When I try to insert a simple kernel module I get the following error > insmod: error inserting 'test.ko': -1 Invalid module format > in dmesg I see: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout I have following kernel which I downloaded using apt-get: uname -r 2.6.32-24-generic ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error inserting a clob file into DB table

Hi all, I am reading control file log from my server and putting it to a variable for j in $(cat $dirname/ctl_file.log) do if then Y=${#fileclob_ctl_file} if then fileclob_ctl_file=$j else fileclob_ctl_file="${fileclob_ctl_file},${j}" fi fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
5 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=RFILE base size on RFILE -s, --size=SIZE set or adjust the file size by SIZE bytes --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit The SIZE argument is an integer and optional unit (example: 10K is 10*1024). Units are K,M,G,T,P,E,Z,Y (powers of 1024) or KB,MB,... (pow- ers of 1000). SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: '+' extend by, '-' reduce by, '<' at most, '>' at least, '/' round down to multiple of, '%' round up to multiple of. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/truncate> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) truncate invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 TRUNCATE(1)