Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to write data to file in C? Post 302527741 by AAKhan on Sunday 5th of June 2011 03:23:39 AM
Old 06-05-2011
How to write data to file in C?

Hi
I want to open a file and write data in the following manner.
Header
String 1 String 2
String 3 String 4
String 5 String 6

How to write in this way? I have a lengthy string and am substring it according to my requirement. Whenever i substring it i have to write it to file in the above manner? How?
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Using a function to write data to a file

Hello, I've created a shell script, which accepts information using an input from the console. Part of the script will write a file containing this information. My code looks like (for the write) function make_file { cat <<- _EOF_ The contents of my file are here _EOF_ } ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpickering
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from an XML file & write into a CSV file

Hi All, I am having an XML tag like: <detail sim_ser_no_1="898407109001000090" imsi_1="452070001000090"> <security>ADM1=????</security> <security>PIN1=????</security> <security>PIN2=????</security> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the apecific data from one file and write into another file

Hi, I would like to read the specific data from file and write the data in the new file. My data input is something like this.. <EXROP:R=TJ0311T; ROUTE DATA R ROUTE PARAMETERS TJ0311T DETY=UPDR TTRANS=1 FNC=3 MA=628160955000 R=TJ0311D ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bha148
3 Replies

4. Hardware

how to write data into a device file?

Hi, I am working in device drivers. I am new to device drivers. i have invoked chardev.c. the driver is insmoded. now i want to write something into this and i want to look what i have written. but i don't know how to write and see. please help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: boidi
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Normalize Data and write to a flat file

All, Can anyone please help me with the below scenario. I have a Flat file of the below format. ID|Name|Level|Type|Zip|MAD|Risk|Band|Salesl|Dealer|CID|AType|CValue|LV|HV|DCode|TR|DU|NStartDate|UserRole|WFlag|EOption|PName|NActivationDate|Os|Orig|Cus|OType|ORequired|DType 03|... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp999
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unfold the data from a input file and write to a file

I am working on a script to unfold data for each column from a specific line of data and write output in a single line. Input data looks like this. 2011-09-26 INF UM_10 UserMana Starting synchronization for security domain 14:37:31 080 gementSe . rvice I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write over data to new file

hi..i would ask about how to write over data to new file with BASH. so..assume my data looks like this : 11 12 13 14 15 ...and so on. It's always line by line. and that's for the first file. i want to write over those numbers into second file but by using space. so my second file should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: syalala
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from XML file and write in CSV file

Hi friend i have input as following XML file <?xml version="1.0"?> <Document xmlns="urn:iso:std:iso:20022:tech:xsd:camt.054.001.02"> <BkToCstmrDbtCdtNtfctn> <GrpHdr><MsgId>LBP-RDJ-TE000000-130042430010001001</MsgId><CreDtTm>2013-01-04T03:21:30</CreDtTm></GrpHdr>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan sharma
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write out specific data from log to a new file

I got a huge log in zipped files, i need to write out lines by specific data and if the line with the same contains XML message with the same sessionID will be written to the file to. The log structure: 2013-08-16 16:31:06,810 ( 122: rogate) INFO - UId:10453, GId:5422: new... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: batka
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies
String(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 String(3)

NAME
IO::String - Emulate file interface for in-core strings SYNOPSIS
use IO::String; $io = IO::String->new; $io = IO::String->new($var); tie *IO, 'IO::String'; # read data <$io>; $io->getline; read($io, $buf, 100); # write data print $io "string "; $io->print(@data); syswrite($io, $buf, 100); select $io; printf "Some text %s ", $str; # seek $pos = $io->getpos; $io->setpos(0); # rewind $io->seek(-30, -1); seek($io, 0, 0); DESCRIPTION
The "IO::String" module provides the "IO::File" interface for in-core strings. An "IO::String" object can be attached to a string, and makes it possible to use the normal file operations for reading or writing data, as well as for seeking to various locations of the string. This is useful when you want to use a library module that only provides an interface to file handles on data that you have in a string variable. Note that perl-5.8 and better has built-in support for "in memory" files, which are set up by passing a reference instead of a filename to the open() call. The reason for using this module is that it makes the code backwards compatible with older versions of Perl. The "IO::String" module provides an interface compatible with "IO::File" as distributed with IO-1.20, but the following methods are not available: new_from_fd, fdopen, format_write, format_page_number, format_lines_per_page, format_lines_left, format_name, format_top_name. The following methods are specific to the "IO::String" class: $io = IO::String->new $io = IO::String->new( $string ) The constructor returns a newly-created "IO::String" object. It takes an optional argument, which is the string to read from or write into. If no $string argument is given, then an internal buffer (initially empty) is allocated. The "IO::String" object returned is tied to itself. This means that you can use most Perl I/O built-ins on it too: readline, <>, getc, print, printf, syswrite, sysread, close. $io->open $io->open( $string ) Attaches an existing IO::String object to some other $string, or allocates a new internal buffer (if no argument is given). The position is reset to 0. $io->string_ref Returns a reference to the string that is attached to the "IO::String" object. Most useful when you let the "IO::String" create an internal buffer to write into. $io->pad $io->pad( $char ) Specifies the padding to use if the string is extended by either the seek() or truncate() methods. It is a single character and defaults to "". $io->pos $io->pos( $newpos ) Yet another interface for reading and setting the current read/write position within the string (the normal getpos/setpos/tell/seek methods are also available). The pos() method always returns the old position, and if you pass it an argument it sets the new position. There is (deliberately) a difference between the setpos() and seek() methods in that seek() extends the string (with the specified padding) if you go to a location past the end, whereas setpos() just snaps back to the end. If truncate() is used to extend the string, then it works as seek(). BUGS
In Perl versions < 5.6, the TIEHANDLE interface was incomplete. If you use such a Perl, then seek(), tell(), eof(), fileno(), binmode() will not do anything on an "IO::String" handle. See perltie for details. SEE ALSO
IO::File, IO::Stringy, "open" in perlfunc COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2005 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2005-12-05 String(3)