Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Regular Expression for line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular Expression for line Post 302527622 by Corona688 on Friday 3rd of June 2011 08:42:28 PM
Old 06-03-2011
Yes. Regular expression in what? grep? egrep? perl? sed? awk? They're not all the same.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression matching a new line

I have written a script to test some isdn links in my network and I am trying to format the output to be more readable. Each line of the output has a different number of digits as follows... Sitename , spid1 12345678901234 1234567890 1234567 , spid2 1234567890 1234567890 1234567 Sitename , ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drheams
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

New line problem of regular expression

could anybody tell me how i can add/append a new line using regular expression in vi on AIX? i've tried several ways before, but all of them failed. e.g. :%s/$/\n/ :%s/^/\v\r/ :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression format string in one line.

Hi All, @months = qw(Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec); $day=091023; $day_combine = $day; $day_combine =~ s/({2})({2})({2})/20$1-$months-$3/; Instead of three lines, is possible to combine the last two lines into a single line? means no need assign $day to $day_combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep regular expression to get part of a line

Hi I just started on GNU Grep with regex and am finding it very challenging and need to ask for help already... here is the problem, I have a page (MYFILE) which consists of the following.... <div> <input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" id="__EVENTTARGET" value="" /> <input type="hidden"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noobie74645
2 Replies

5. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract regular expression and line below

Hi all, I have a large fasta (dna sequence) file. I would like to extract a portion of the header as well as the sequence (line below the header). Input: Output: All accession values (the term I want to preserve, which is the string including and directly following "GL") are different, but I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression for 6 digit number present in a line

Hello Team, i have a file test1.txt, in which i have to grep only the 6 digit number from it, Could you pls help in this. $cat test1.txt <description>R_XYZ_1.6 r370956</description> $ grep "\{6\}" test1.txt <description>R_XYZ_1.6 r370956</description> i need output as 370956. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed , awk script for printing matched line before regular expression

hi All , I am having a large file with lots of modules as shown below ############################################### module KKK kksd kskks jsn;lsm jsnlsn; Ring jjsjsj kskmsm jjs endmodule module llll 1kksd11 k232skks j33sn;l55sm (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match

Hello, one step in a shell script i am writing, involves Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match an example line is below /logs/GRAS/LGT/applogs/lgt-2016-08-24/2016-08-24.8.log.zip:2016-08-24 19:12:48,602 ERROR... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramneekgupta91
9 Replies
XZGREP(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZGREP(1)

NAME
xzgrep - search compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
xzgrep [grep_options] [-e] pattern file... xzegrep ... xzfgrep ... lzgrep ... lzegrep ... lzfgrep ... DESCRIPTION
xzgrep invokes grep(1) on files which may be either uncompressed or compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to grep(1). If no file is specified, then standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep(1). When reading from standard input, gzip(1) and bzip2(1) compressed files are not supported. If xzgrep is invoked as xzegrep or xzfgrep then egrep(1) or fgrep(1) is used instead of grep(1). The same applies to names lzgrep, lze- grep, and lzfgrep, which are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. ENVIRONMENT
GREP If the GREP environment variable is set, xzgrep uses it instead of grep(1), egrep(1), or fgrep(1). SEE ALSO
grep(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zgrep(1) Tukaani 2010-09-27 XZGREP(1)