Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming linux c, loop through 2d array? Post 302527598 by trey85stang on Friday 3rd of June 2011 05:07:49 PM
Old 06-03-2011
linux c, loop through 2d array?

I have a 2 d array that I need to loop through and check for a specific value in each variable...

Im a little confiused on how to do this...

Code:
#include stdio.h
#include string.h
main ()
{ char arrary[3][3];
  memset(array,' ',sizeof(array));

for ?????
  { if ( array[i][b] == ' ' )
    { do something...
    }
  }
}

Im not a C guy.. I generally use bash/perl and I would use a foreach/ or for loop for to do this. any help would be appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use array values after the loop.

- I m retreving values from database and wish to use those values later in my shell script. I m placing these values in an array da_data but outside loop array is empty.Problem is its treating array as local inside loop hence array is empty outside loop. Plz go through the script and suggest how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from while loop into an array

Hi I have something like cat $HOME/all_dirs | while read ln_old_dirs do if then echo "$ln_all_old_dirs" fi done As you know that the variable ln_all_old_dirs is not accessable from outside the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk in array in while loop

Hi everyone:) I have 2 files - IN & OUT. Example: IN A:13:30 B:45:40 . . . UNLIMITED OUT Z:12:24 Y:20:15 . . . UNLIMITED I want first row of numbers of IN - OUT. Example 13-12 45-20 My code is (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincyoxy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop in array in python

Hi suppose in python I have a list(or array, or tuple, not sure the difference) How do I loop inside the size of array. The pseudo code is: a= for i = 1 to dim(a) print a end How to find the dimension in python? Also, anyone has a handbook to suggest so I can borrow from library (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array not surviving while loop

So I'm trying to read datafile into an array, with each line representing one variable in the array. I'm successful at first but somehow it keeps getting erased. i=0 grep '.*' datafile | while read line do echo $i array=$(echo $line) echo ${array} #printing array to make sure it's... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrSammyD
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array and Loop Problem

I've got this problem, if I modify an array in the loop and print it, everything is fine as long as I stay in the loop. But, when I print it outside the loop, nothing happens... How can I solve this problem? Here I prepared a sample for you to see my problem; zgrw@Rain:~$ cat test asd 123... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zgrw
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array with do while and if loop

Hi All, I am trying to run a do while for an array. And in the do while, I'm trying to get a user response. Depending on the the answer, I go ahead and do something or I move on to next element in the array. So far I can read the array, but I can't get the if statement to work. Any suggestions... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop and array problem

Hi, I have the following problem that is beyond what I can currently do with bash scripting. In file 1, I have ~ 2500000 values. Note this file is not sorted. 3 19 LABEL_A 3 37 LABEL_B 2 12 LABEL_C 1 15 LABEL_D I have a list of values in "file 2" ~ 25000 unique lines: Note -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubleo
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies
SLASQ2(l)								 )								 SLASQ2(l)

NAME
SLASQ2 - compute all the eigenvalues of the symmetric positive definite tridiagonal matrix associated with the qd array Z to high relative accuracy are computed to high relative accuracy, in the absence of denormalization, underflow and overflow SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SLASQ2( N, Z, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, N REAL Z( * ) PURPOSE
SLASQ2 computes all the eigenvalues of the symmetric positive definite tridiagonal matrix associated with the qd array Z to high relative accuracy are computed to high relative accuracy, in the absence of denormalization, underflow and overflow. To see the relation of Z to the tridiagonal matrix, let L be a unit lower bidiagonal matrix with subdiagonals Z(2,4,6,,..) and let U be an upper bidiagonal matrix with 1's above and diagonal Z(1,3,5,,..). The tridiagonal is L*U or, if you prefer, the symmetric tridiagonal to which it is similar. Note : SLASQ2 defines a logical variable, IEEE, which is true on machines which follow ieee-754 floating-point standard in their handling of infinities and NaNs, and false otherwise. This variable is passed to SLASQ3. ARGUMENTS
N (input) INTEGER The number of rows and columns in the matrix. N >= 0. Z (workspace) REAL array, dimension ( 4*N ) On entry Z holds the qd array. On exit, entries 1 to N hold the eigenvalues in decreasing order, Z( 2*N+1 ) holds the trace, and Z( 2*N+2 ) holds the sum of the eigenvalues. If N > 2, then Z( 2*N+3 ) holds the iteration count, Z( 2*N+4 ) holds NDIVS/NIN^2, and Z( 2*N+5 ) holds the percentage of shifts that failed. INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if the i-th argument is a scalar and had an illegal value, then INFO = -i, if the i-th argument is an array and the j-entry had an illegal value, then INFO = -(i*100+j) > 0: the algorithm failed = 1, a split was marked by a positive value in E = 2, current block of Z not diagonalized after 30*N iterations (in inner while loop) = 3, termination criterion of outer while loop not met (pro- gram created more than N unreduced blocks) FURTHER DETAILS
The shifts are accumulated in SIGMA. Iteration count is in ITER. Ping-pong is controlled by PP (alternates between 0 and 1). LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SLASQ2(l)