Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to update date part with new increment date time Post 302527585 by amanmro on Friday 3rd of June 2011 04:14:29 PM
Old 06-03-2011
how to update date part with new increment date time

hi experts,
my requirement is like this i need to develop a shell script to update date part with new incremental date time in file some 'X' which is kept at some server location incrementing every two hours.as i am new to this scripting i need support from u people,thanx in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a part of shell script only after particular date and time

I have created a simple shell script... say test.sh Contents of test.sh ================ service named restart cp /etc/imp.conf /backup/test/ #-- if date > 15 July 2007 11:23 pm , then only issue the commans below, else exit --- cp /etc/secondimp.conf /backup/test/ rm -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get date and time for past 1 hour from current date

Hi, I need to get the date and time for past 1 hour from the current date. Anyone know how to do so? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spch2o
5 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Date comparison with 'string date having slashes and time zone' in Bash only

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have standard web server log file. It contains different columns (like IP address, request result code, request type etc) including a date column with the format . I have developed a log analysis command line utility that displays... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TariqYousaf
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment a user defined date value in the DATE format itself using shell script?

I need to increment a date value through shell script. Input value consist of start date and end date in DATE format of unix. For eg. I need increment a date value of 1/1/09 to 31/12/09 i.e for a whole yr. The output must look like 1/1/09 2/2/09 . . . 31/1/09 . . 1/2/09 . 28/2/09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil087
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment in date

Hi, I have a variable lets say DATA_DATE. I have to pass some value to this variable in YYYYMMDD format. lets say today I have passed this variable as : DATA_DATE=20100107 Then pls help me how to calculate another variable DATA_DATE1 (which is DATA_DATE+1). The code should work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date increment

hi Friends, Today_Dt=`date "+%Y-%m-%d"` So the Today date is 2010-05-03 I have a file which has date values as below 2010-04-27 2010-04-02 2010-04-18 2010-04-28 2010-04-29 .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripts - shows today’s date and time in a better format than ‘date’ (Uses positional paramete

Hello, I am trying to show today's date and time in a better format than ‘date' (Using positional parameters). I found a command mktime and am wondering if this is the best command to use or will this also show me the time elapse since 1/30/70? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding hours and minutes to current date (Only to date not to time)

Hi, I want to add some hours and minutes to the current date. For example, if the current date is "July 16, 2012 15:20", i want to add 5 hours 30 minutes to "July 16, 2012 00:00" not to "July 16, 2012 15:20". Please help. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojgarg
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does 'grep' update a file's access date/time?

I've got a job that finds and removes trace files based upon an access time of more than seven days (I've also tried a modify date). find TABC* -atime +7 -exec rm + find TABC* -mtime +7 -exec rm + Whether I use -atime or -mtime, the process seems to work sporadically. Sometimes it removes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract date and time part from filename

Hi, I am facing one scenario in which I need to extract exact position of date and time from the name of the files. For example, Below is the record in which I need to extract position of YYYYMMDD,HHMISS and YYMMDD. Date and time variables can come more than once. I need to use these position... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
13 Replies
DATETIME.SETDATE(3)							 1						       DATETIME.SETDATE(3)

DateTime::setDate - Sets the date

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setDate (int $year, int $month, int $day) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_date_set (DateTime $object, int $year, int $month, int $day) Resets the current date of the DateTime object to a different date. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $year - Year of the date. o $month - Month of the date. o $day - Day of the date. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setDate(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setDate(2001, 2, 3); echo $date->format('Y-m-d'); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); date_date_set($date, 2001, 2, 3); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d'); ?> The above examples will output: 2001-02-03 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setDate(2001, 2, 28); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setDate(2001, 2, 29); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setDate(2001, 14, 3); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2001-02-28 2001-03-01 2002-02-03 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setISODate(3), DateTime.setTime(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETDATE(3)