Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora can't login via GUI but can via Putty Post 302527577 by Corona688 on Friday 3rd of June 2011 03:57:44 PM
Old 06-03-2011
It may be on a different virtual terminals. In linux you can switch between several different local terminals with ctrl-alt-f1 through ctrl-alt-f6. ctrl-alt-f7 should switch to the terminal where the GUI traditionally resides. Or sometimes, ctrl-alt-f8.

Or it may be that X11 just isn't working for some reason. Check /var/log/Xorg.0.log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compile java with GUI on unix system/putty

is it possible in the first place? if so, how should I go about it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
0 Replies

2. Linux

resticting user to login using putty on port 21(ftp)

Hi, I am having small query and wheather it is possible ? that user can transfer the files using ftp client examples (filezilla) , but he can not use putty to login using ftp and run the commands, Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login through putty

I am changing root password by passwd. Now I can directly log into the system but I can not log in using puttytel. It will show an error "Incorrect Password":rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arrs
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty Login - with Batch?

Hello Everybody, I have a question on the UNIX server login with putty. Can this login procedure into PUTTY be automated with a macro or vbs or batch file? Kindly help me in directing me for the above. Thanks for the help, Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swame_sp
3 Replies

5. Linux

Opening a GUI from a putty window on Linux

Hi, I have a linux which I am accessing using putty.I have written some code in TCL-Tk & developed a GUI based app.I knew that it is difficult to open a GUI based app. from putty,but there must be some way to do that. If anybody knows any such workarounds kindly let me know. Shell I am using is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forstudy3
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file to login to putty and list directory

I've created a .bat file with this line: start C:\USERS\Putty\putty.exe -ssh user@server.com -pw password That opens a putty session and logged in it with the user and password i've already specified. But now, I want to enter a simple command like "ls -l" for example.. How can I do that? I've... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirmal.mukundan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Login putty automatically

Hi Guys , I am using putty.exe file to login to servers . I heard that there is way to save my username and password in putty so that i no need to give my creds while logging into putty . If so please provide me th way to do so . Please note : I am not talking about keyfile . Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty Auto Login

Hello All , Requiremnt : i want to login to putty automatically and change the settings like i want , for ex : changing the "lines of scrollback" , " under colors , want to check to checkmark the option use system colors" . Like this i want to do . I have a bash file created to login . But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
2 Replies

9. AIX

Able to ping the server but not able to login through putty it says network timeout

Able to ping the server but not able to login through putty it says network timeout Please assist (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies

10. AIX

AIX GUI to replace old school puTTy?

Is there now in existence a graphical interface for AIX instead of black screen on putty? I ask this, because IBM i has GUI interfaces. Maybe a navigator GUI for smitty etc also with powerVP enhanced? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dusktildawn
2 Replies
YASR(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   YASR(1)

NAME
yasr (Yet Another Screen Reader) - is an attempt at a lightweight, portable screen reader. SYNOPSIS
yasr [ -C config file ] [ -c ] [ -s synthesizer ] [ -p synthesizer port ] [ program arg1 arg2 ... argN ] DESCRIPTION
yasr is a lightweight, portable screen reader. It works by opening a shell in a pty and intercepting all user input/output, maintaining a window of what should be on the screen by looking at the codes and text sent to the screen. It only requires that the user be able to access the text to speech (TTS) device. yasr was originally designed in conjunction with a Speak-out TTS device. Yasr also attempts to support DEC-Talk, DoubleTalk, Apollo, and ViaVoice Outloud, but more work is needed to get these to work fully. It may be able to work with Emacspeak servers, however. Currently yasr has two sets of keymaps, one for "review mode" (ie, reviewing the screen) and one for the standard mode. Keys defined for the standard mode are checked irrespective of whether the user is in review mode or standard mode, but the review mode keymap is checked first in the former case. OPTIONS
-C config file The configuration file that yasr should use. -c Attempts to emulate bash's -c command. It runs /bin/sh, passing it the arguments that were passed to yasr. -s synthesizer The TTS synthesizer to use in conjunction with yasr. -p synthesizer port The port that the TTS synthesizer is connected to. yasr will also fork and exec a program to run, if it (and any optional command line arguments it needs) are given as the last command line arguments. KEYBOARD SETTINGS
Review mode spacebar Say review cursor position. ^ Move to the first character on the line, and say word. $ Move to the last character on the line, and say word. b Say previous character. c Say character. d Say next character. e Read from cursor to bottom of screen. f Search for text on the screen. < Search from cursor to top of screen, using the previously-entered search string. > Search from cursor to bottom of screen, using the previously-entered search string. k Move up a line and read the line (currently same as up arrow). l Say current line. m Move down a line and read the line (currently same as down arrow). n Bypass (send directly to the application). t Read from top to cursor. w Read entire screen. z Move to beginning of previous word and read the word. x Move to beginning of next word and read the word. up arrow Move to previous line and read the line. down arrow Move to next line and read the line. left arrow Move back one character and read the character. right arrow Move ahead one character and read the character. ( Go to previous paragraph. ) Go to next paragraph. alt-i Reinitialize the synthesizer. ` Read the ASCII value of the current character. Standard mode These keys also work in review mode. ctrl-a Say application cursor position. ctrl-l Say line. ctrl-n Bypass. ctrl-x Flush speech buffer. alt-b Say previous character. alt-c Say chracter. alt-d Say word. alt-e Read cursor to bottom of screen. alt-k Say previous line. alt-l Read line. alt-m Read next line. alt-r Toggle review mode. alt-t Read top to cursor. alt-w Read entire screen. alt-x Silence speech. Like ctrl-x but will continue to be silent until a key is pressed (pressing alt-x a second time will start speech again, for example). ctrl-alt-k Keyboard wizard. Allows the user to move, copy, or delete keybindings from within yasr. ctrl-alt-o Options menu. Allows the user to set options from within yasr. ctrl-alt-s Save configuration to disk. alt-enter Disable yasr. Yasr is silent and ignores all keys when disabled. Press again to re-enable. Note: this key is defined in the [options] section as "DisableKey" FILES
/usr/local/share/yasr/yasr.conf yasr configuration file. AUTHOR
Michael P. Gorse <mgorse@users.sourceforge.net> 16 August 2002 YASR(1)