Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Error while copying huge amount of data in aix Post 302526870 by ctsgnb on Wednesday 1st of June 2011 04:30:23 PM
Old 06-01-2011
Is your tar version a 64bit version ?
Code:
file tar

?
Is your OS 64bit ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Read/Write a fairly large amount of data to a file as fast as possible

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the best solution to the following problem, and I'm not yet that much experienced like you. :-) Basically I have to read a fairly large file, composed of "messages" , in order to display all of them through an user interface (made with QT). The messages that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a huge data into few different files?!

Input file data contents: >seq_1 MSNQSPPQSQRPGHSHSHSHSHAGLASSTSSHSNPSANASYNLNGPRTGGDQRYRASVDA >seq_2 AGAAGRGWGRDVTAAASPNPRNGGGRPASDLLSVGNAGGQASFASPETIDRWFEDLQHYE >seq_3 ATLEEMAAASLDANFKEELSAIEQWFRVLSEAERTAALYSLLQSSTQVQMRFFVTVLQQM ARADPITALLSPANPGQASMEAQMDAKLAAMGLKSPASPAVRQYARQSLSGDTYLSPHSA... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script error to split huge data one by one.

Below is my perl script: #!/usr/bin/perl open(FILE,"$ARGV") or die "$!"; @DATA = <FILE>; close FILE; $join = join("",@DATA); @array = split( ">",$join); for($i=0;$i<=scalar(@array);$i++){ system ("/home/bin/./program_name_count_length MULTI_sequence_DATA_FILE -d... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

4. AIX

How to spilt huge string in AIX ?

I have few AIX 5.3 boxes where following is the issue. I have a variable whose value is a very huge string ...(5000+ characters) CMD_ARGS="/global/site/vendor/WAS/WebSphere6/AppServer/java/bin/java... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a number in very very huge amount of data

Hi, I have to search a number in a very long listing of files.the total size of the files in which I have to search is 10 Tera Bytes. How to search a number in such a huge amount of data effectively.I used fgrep but it is taking many hours to search. Is there any other feasible solution to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Large amount of data put into an array

This basic code works. I have a very long list, almost 10000 lines that I am building into the array. Each line has either 2 or 3 fields as shown in the code snippit. The array elements are static (for a few reasons that out of scope of this question) the list has to be "built in". It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
5 Replies

7. AIX

Error while copying file on AIX

/oragriddb_01/app/oracle/product/11203> ct_14_2012_22_58_58/files/lib/libdbcfg11.so /oragrid_01/Grid_11203/lib/libdbcfg11.so < cp: /oragrid_01/Grid_11203/lib/libdbcfg11.so: Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program. Best regards, Vishal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aggregation of huge data

Hi Friends, I have a file with sample amount data as follows: -89990.3456 8788798.990000128 55109787.20 -12455558989.90876 I need to exclude the '-' symbol in order to treat all values as an absolute one and then I need to sum up.The record count is around 1 million. How... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravichander
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Phrase XML with Huge Data

HI Guys, I have Big XML file with Below Format :- Input :- <pokl>MKL=1,FN=1,GBNo=B10C</pokl> <d>192</d> <d>315</d> <d>35</d> <d>0,7,8</d> <pokl>MKL=1,dFN=1,GBNo=B11C</pokl> <d>162</d> <d>315</d> <d>35</d> <d>0,5,6</d> <pokl>MKL=1,dFN=1,GBNo=B12C</pokl> <d>188</d> (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make awk command faster for large amount of data?

I have nginx web server logs with all requests that were made and I'm filtering them by date and time. Each line has the following structure: 127.0.0.1 - xyz.com GET 123.ts HTTP/1.1 (200) 0.000 s 3182 CoreMedia/1.0.0.15F79 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 11_4 like Mac OS X; pt_br) These text files are... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: brenoasrm
21 Replies
PG_LO_TRUNCATE(3)														 PG_LO_TRUNCATE(3)

pg_lo_truncate - Truncates a large object

SYNOPSIS
bool pg_lo_truncate (resource $large_object, int $size) DESCRIPTION
pg_lo_truncate(3) truncates a large object resource. To use the large object interface, it is necessary to enclose it within a transaction block. PARAMETERS
o $large_object - PostgreSQL large object (LOB) resource, returned by pg_lo_open(3). o $size - The number of bytes to truncate. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_lo_truncate(3) example <?php $doc_oid = 189762345; $database = pg_connect("dbname=jacarta"); pg_query($database, "begin"); $handle = pg_lo_open($database, $doc_oid, "r"); // Truncate to 0 pg_lo_truncate($handle, 0); pg_query($database, "commit"); echo $data; ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.6.0 | | | | | | | Added truncate function. It supports PostgreSQL | | | 9.3's 64bit large object. Both client and server | | | must support PostgreSQL 9.3 and PHP must be 64bit | | | build to use 64bit large object. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pg_lo_tell(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_LO_TRUNCATE(3)