Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Identify SAN disks
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Identify SAN disks Post 302526533 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 09:01:21 PM
Old 05-31-2011
I am closing this thread. Continue the discussion here: Identify SAN disks not in use

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

problem with disks on SAN

Hi I have a linux box attched to a SAN storage from EMC with RAID 5 .I understand that it has 3g cache howver a 20gb file creation takes too much time here are my results any ideas why time dd if=/dev/zero of=disk.img bs=1048576 count=20000 20000+0 records in 20000+0 records out 997.59s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with accessing SAN disks

Hi, I'm having a problem when attempting to define the OCR location for my 10g RAC setup on Solaris 10. I get the following error: The specified shared raw partition /dev/did/rdsk/d1s0 may not have the correct permission. Verify that the partition is owned by Oracle user. As per the Oracle10g... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael.chow
15 Replies

3. AIX

Configurin EMC SAN disks on AIX

This may sound like an absolute rookie question, and it is. I have been working on Migrating our HP and Solaris servers to the new EMC SAN and know the routines backwards. Now we've suddenly got a new IBM server and I don't even know how to check if it is connected to the switch. Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronellevan
1 Replies

4. Solaris

SAN DISKS - Number of slices ?

Good morning to one and all :-) Thank god its Friday, as its bee na rubbish week for me ! So, a quick question. Disks ! Ive got a few local disks, and a few SAN disks used on my solaris server. Whats confusing me, and Im not sure if there's an issue at the SAN end, or my end, regarding the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help with finding WWN of SAN disks

Hi, I'm new to SAN storage so I was wondering if someone can assist me with a problem. I have a solaris 10 OS with 3 SAN devices attached. We are trying to troubleshoot performance so I was asked to get the WWN of each SAN disk and show what it's attached to via the SVM mount in the metastat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkruck
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

To identify if local disks are mirrored

Hello All, Am trynig to identify if the local HD's on our BL860 (running 11v3) are indeed mirrored to each other. Cheers, Cameron (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Identify SAN disks not in use

Hello, How can I identify SAN disks not in use by the OS? Thank you. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Identify Boot from SAN

How to identify the server is BOOT FROM SAN. Also how one can find from which device it is booted? Thanks Rahul Double post, continued here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul.kurumkar
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Identify Boot from SAN

Hi, I have many servers all of these are boot from SAN. Can anybody let me know that how to identify the server is Boot fron SAN and from which device? Thanks Rahul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul.kurumkar
1 Replies
norewind_close_disabled(5)					File Formats Manual					norewind_close_disabled(5)

NAME
norewind_close_disabled - determine whether access to tape device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option is allowed VALUES
Default Allowed values DESCRIPTION
Note: this tunable was named in releases prior to HP-UX 11i v3. This tunable notifies the tape driver whether it should allow access to device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option. When this tunable is on, the tape driver will fail any open on a tape device special file that does not have the no-rewind-on-close option (that is, or with a status of The tunable allows the safe sharing of tape devices in SAN tape backup solution configurations. The disabling of device special files without no-rewind-on-close in a SAN tape backup solution configuration prevents the accidental sending of a rewind command on close from HP-UX systems via standard tape commands like which would corrupt a backup in process. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on if the system is going to be used in a SAN tape backup solution configuration. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? The tape driver will fail any open to a tape device special file that does not have the no-rewind-on-close option with a status of This behavior prevents the usage of any tape device special file without the no-rewind-on-close option. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? This tunable should be turned off if the system is not part of a SAN tape backup solution configuration or the system utilizes will not function unless it has access to device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? A rewind may be issued accidentally from this system on close, possibly corrupting a backup being issued from another system on the SAN. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. EXAMPLES
Query the current value of the tunable: Set the value of the tunable to To save the value of the tunable across reboots: WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. SEE ALSO
scsi_tape(7), scsimgr_estape(7). Tunable Kernel Parameters norewind_close_disabled(5)