Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to send alert if any changes are made in crontab. Post 302526447 by honey26 on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 02:03:05 PM
Old 05-31-2011
Hi guys thanks for replying. Smilie
will try with thr scripts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Shell script to send email alert for core dump

Friends, I am in search for a shell script that is capable of running as a cronjob and have to send out an email when ever there is a CORE DUMP. Please post the hints to achieve my goal. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtatineni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a script to send alert for some particular hours in a day

Hi All, I have a have a script which checks for some processes whether they are running or not and if they are not running then it send a mail specifying that the processes are not running. This particular script example abc.ksh is runs in a cron like this 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically send a mail alert if the script errors out

I have a script like this, which calls other scripts from that script: #!/usr/ksh moveFiles.sh extract.sh readfile=/home/sample.txt cat $readfile | while read line do file= `echo $line|awk '{print $4}'` if ; then mv $file /home/temp_stage fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send an alert if a file is present in a directory for 10 min

hi, A script which look into a directory and send an alert via a mail. If there is any file exisiting in a directory for more then 10 min. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Stop status from the output of script and send an eamil alert.

Hello Team, I have script which gives below output. Server clustServer11 is in a STARTED state Server clustServer12 is in a STOPPED state Server clustServer21 is in a STOPPED state I would like to prepare script which will grep stop word from the above output and send an email alert. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

Script to send alert when process exceeds 90% cpu

I have an issue with one of the processes which is showing %cpu over 120% when i issue the top command. I am looking for a script that send me an email alert when it crosses the 90% thresholds. Appreciate your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chkaiban
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi : Is it possible to send ctrl + d signal from a file made with vi and executing it.

Hi Experts, Is it possible to send ctrl + d signal from a inside a file made with vi, using Ctrl V , Esc and 004 , escape sequence. Since : 004 should exit the script if executed. Is this something possible. I am trying with vi , I put this code ^ , and trying to execute it but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a sql script on multiple $Oracle_SID at once and send an alert if reaches the threshold

I am trying to accomplish following tasks in my KSH script: Run a sql script on multiple $ORACLE_SID at once Sends an alert only if the threshold > 2 for any of the $ORACLE_SID Please advice as to how I can approach this!! Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jd_2000
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send mail alert

HI Guys, I am writing one shell script to send the mail alert to some email id's if the file not modified in last 10 mins but its not working, I believe MTIME is null string is wrong . can you please assist me on this. script :- filename="abc.txt" echo "Filename is $filename"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to send mail alert

Hi I have below shell script to send mail alert , however I want to add more functionality in this script and that is , script should only check that file between 9 am to 5pm , and if there is no activity in this time 9 am to 5 pm for 2hours then it should give me mail alert, please help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scazed
2 Replies
PTHREAD_CANCEL(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						 PTHREAD_CANCEL(3)

NAME
pthread_cancel - send a cancellation request to a thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_cancel(pthread_t thread); Compile and link with -pthread. DESCRIPTION
The pthread_cancel() function sends a cancellation request to the thread thread. Whether and when the target thread reacts to the cancel- lation request depends on two attributes that are under the control of that thread: its cancelability state and type. A thread's cancelability state, determined by pthread_setcancelstate(3), can be enabled (the default for new threads) or disabled. If a thread has disabled cancellation, then a cancellation request remains queued until the thread enables cancellation. If a thread has enabled cancellation, then its cancelability type determines when cancellation occurs. A thread's cancellation type, determined by pthread_setcanceltype(3), may be either asynchronous or deferred (the default for new threads). Asynchronous cancelability means that the thread can be canceled at any time (usually immediately, but the system does not guarantee this). Deferred cancelability means that cancellation will be delayed until the thread next calls a function that is a cancellation point. A list of functions that are or may be cancellation points is provided in pthreads(7). When a cancellation requested is acted on, the following steps occur for thread (in this order): 1. Cancellation clean-up handlers are popped (in the reverse of the order in which they were pushed) and called. (See pthread_cleanup_push(3).) 2. Thread-specific data destructors are called, in an unspecified order. (See pthread_key_create(3).) 3. The thread is terminated. (See pthread_exit(3).) The above steps happen asynchronously with respect to the pthread_cancel() call; the return status of pthread_cancel() merely informs the caller whether the cancellation request was successfully queued. After a canceled thread has terminated, a join with that thread using pthread_join(3) obtains PTHREAD_CANCELED as the thread's exit status. (Joining with a thread is the only way to know that cancellation has completed.) RETURN VALUE
On success, pthread_cancel() returns 0; on error, it returns a nonzero error number. ERRORS
ESRCH No thread with the ID thread could be found. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
On Linux, cancellation is implemented using signals. Under the NPTL threading implementation, the first real-time signal (i.e., signal 32) is used for this purpose. On LinuxThreads, the second real-time signal is used, if real-time signals are available, otherwise SIGUSR2 is used. EXAMPLE
The program below creates a thread and then cancels it. The main thread joins with the canceled thread to check that its exit status was PTHREAD_CANCELED. The following shell session shows what happens when we run the program: $ ./a.out thread_func(): started; cancellation disabled main(): sending cancellation request thread_func(): about to enable cancellation main(): thread was canceled Program source #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <errno.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #define handle_error_en(en, msg) do { errno = en; perror(msg); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } while(0) static void * thread_func(void *ignored_argument) { int s; /* Disable cancellation for a while, so that we don't immediately react to a cancellation request */ s = pthread_setcancelstate(PTHREAD_CANCEL_DISABLE, NULL); if (s != 0) handle_error_en(s, "pthread_setcancelstate"); printf("thread_func(): started; cancellation disabled "); sleep(5); printf("thread_func(): about to enable cancellation "); s = pthread_setcancelstate(PTHREAD_CANCEL_ENABLE, NULL); if (s != 0) handle_error_en(s, "pthread_setcancelstate"); /* sleep() is a cancellation point */ sleep(1000); /* Should get canceled while we sleep */ /* Should never get here */ printf("thread_func(): not canceled! "); return NULL; } int main(void) { pthread_t thr; void *res; int s; /* Start a thread and then send it a cancellation request */ s = pthread_create(&thr, NULL, &thread_func, NULL); if (s != 0) handle_error_en(s, "pthread_create"); sleep(2); /* Give thread a chance to get started */ printf("main(): sending cancellation request "); s = pthread_cancel(thr); if (s != 0) handle_error_en(s, "pthread_cancel"); /* Join with thread to see what its exit status was */ s = pthread_join(thr, &res); if (s != 0) handle_error_en(s, "pthread_join"); if (res == PTHREAD_CANCELED) printf("main(): thread was canceled "); else printf("main(): thread wasn't canceled (shouldn't happen!) "); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
pthread_cleanup_push(3), pthread_create(3), pthread_exit(3), pthread_join(3), pthread_key_create(3), pthread_setcancelstate(3), pthread_setcanceltype(3), pthread_testcancel(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-11-17 PTHREAD_CANCEL(3)