Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stats on subdirectories
Operating Systems Linux Stats on subdirectories Post 302526299 by digipak on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 05:54:39 AM
Old 05-31-2011
Stats on Subdirectories

No, it is not an assignment, I need to do it for a user as our system admin is away on repat.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I/O Stats Metrics

What do others use for measuring I/O statistics? I'd like something versatile, as in being able to watch (like iostat, but easier to trend), generate load (like iozone, but more realistic), and perform somewhat generalized benchmarks (like bonnie, but more current.) It would scale from a few... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

2. AIX

system stats

I recieved this out put below soemhow. Unfortunatly I did not write down the command I used to get it. Can someone tell me what command I use to gather these stats? OS = AIX 5.3 64Bit System Model: IBM,7026-6H1 Machine Serial Number:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

3. AIX

IO Stats

Aix 5.3 I am trying to view the IO stats. I do the sar 5 5 but that is the WIO and si different than the IO stats right? I am just blanking on this. I know there is a command that I used to run that brings up a whole bunch of live stats that run live such as mem and so on just can't rememeber... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Stats in Php

So, I have a php program that i need to delete ALL files in a directory that are older than a certain age. <?php /* Get file stat */ $stat = stat('/apps/security/ajaba'); This is as far as I've been able to get. I know in shell programming you can easily do something like this. but I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build Stats out of output

Hi, I am required to build up a stats out of returned output. Something like given below. I would like first string in first column with a heading, and so on. Is there any way I could do it, while adding something after the command, or any other way. bash-2.05$ grep -i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recording stats for Comcast

The last few weeks I've had a problem with Comcast in San Francisco (anyone else sharing the same issue ? Please share !) During the late afternoon throughout early morning hours I see a high amount of dropped packets and increased latency when pinging my favorite destinations, like 8.8.8.8. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SandmanCL
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Command for load stats

Hi, Is there a way that I can find the load usage stats on a cluster (Redhat 4.8)? I want to find out if my jobs are using too many resources. I am not a sys admin. Also, apart from 'top', what other commands can be used to monitor your own jobs as an ordinary user? thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pc2001
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Changes to the Forums (Pages and Stats)

Hey. So... here are the changes. 1. The current home page of the forum is now based on a algo (below) which shows a thread based on this SQL $select_limit = 1; $reply_count = 3; $thread_array = array(); $forum_id = 30; //shell programming $query = 'SELECT * FROM thread WHERE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies
shares-admin(1) 						   User Commands						   shares-admin(1)

NAME
shares-admin - Enables the configuration of shared NFS / SMB directories. SYNOPSIS
shares-admin [--add-share=PATH] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
shares-admin enables a user to configure the sharing of directories / filesystems. These can be shared using either NFS or SAMBA. This is linked to the ability to right-click on a directory in Nautilus and select "Share folder". OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a, --add-share=PATH Configure a share for the specified PATH. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more informa- tion. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Running the main application. example% shares-admin Example 2: Sharing a specific directory. example% shares-admin --add-share=/export/home/shared EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/shares-admin Executable for directory sharing configuration. /var/spool/setup-tool-backends/backup/shares Backup directory for files that are modified. /var/run/setup-tool-backends/debug/shares Debug logs can be found under here. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-system-tools | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. users-admin(1), network-admin(1), services-admin(1), time-admin(1), gnome-std-options(5), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Darren Kenny, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 6 Nov 2006 shares-admin(1)