Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install cd won't work
Operating Systems BSD Install cd won't work Post 302525887 by maxum on Sunday 29th of May 2011 01:23:11 PM
Old 05-29-2011
Power Install cd won't work

Hi! I'm sure that somebody here installed freeBSD from a download of a virtual disc (.iso). But I made 5 downloads of 5 differents freeBSD installation (and no one has worked).Can somebody tell me where to download and how (if needed) to prepare the cd?

Last edited by maxum; 05-29-2011 at 02:40 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why won't this Work?

hey programmers! 1-why won't gcc accept as an argument? i tried the recommendations on the man page of getch(),..etc. nothing worked. 2-why it won't see <iostream> && <fstream> even if i implemented the function as follow std::cout<<"..etc"<<endl; 3-after i type this code in it gives... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbabeli
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ksh Why Won't IF Statement work?

I'm trying to figure out why this if statement won't work: if || $zipcount != 6 ]] then echo ${myline} echo "ZIPCODE WARNING! ${zipcode} ${zipcount}" fi if ]] then echo ${myline} echo "STATE WARNING!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: developncode
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed won't work

Hi All, can anybody tell me what's wrong with this code? # SEARCH replaced by REPLACE #!/bin/bash SEARCH="95$$ 0 t" REPLACE="95$$ 1 t" for I in `ls *000.inp | cut -c-12`; do echo $I sed 's/$SEARCH/$REPLACE/' ${I}-000.inp > ${I}-100.inp done It don't replace the string... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
5 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Why won't the at command work in Mac OS X?

I typed: echo "echo hi > at_log.txt" | at now +1minute to test the at command on my terminal. I got the message: job 8 at Thu Feb 25 18:42:00 2010 I waited for a minute but nothing happened. I tried listing at_log.txt, but it said there was no such file. Am I doing something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A very simple script, but alias won't work

I am new to unix and therefore I did a lot of reading before posting. So please, if this has been answered before, forgive me for re-posting and point me to the right place for the answer. I have spent many hours searching the net and read over 50 posts in this forum and even tried a few thing but... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssccc
20 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenSolaris, Wireless won't work, help please!

I just installed a fork of opensolaris, and I really like it. I would hate going back to Ubuntu, But one issue, I cannot get my Dell Wireless 1450 Wireless USB Adapter working. On Ubuntu 10.4 I just installed nonfree firmware, but I guess it doesn't work that way on Solaris, any help would be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormos
5 Replies

7. Solaris

string extraction won't work. Why?

#!/usr/bin/ksh set -x testfile=my.test.file.flag echo ${testfile: (-4)} #/home/maldohe/scripts/spawn1& sleep 3 echo myspawn is now ending exit Background: I am trying to extract the word flag from anf given file name. This is a demo script that I am working on to fix a production issue.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Images won't work?

Hello, Images won't work on UNIX when I try posting them on my website I'm working on. It doesn't show the image, and it's simply erroring. Help! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yazan
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

NAT via iptables - Won't work!!

Hi guys I'm running on debian on a small embedded system. I have a ppp interface that is connected to the internet (and works). My unit also has wifi access point (which works and I can connect to it). I want to allow connections to the wifi to be able to use the internet from ppp0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alirezan1
1 Replies
zsync(1)							   File Transfer							  zsync(1)

NAME
zsync - Partial/differential file download client over HTTP SYNTAX
zsync [ -u url ] [ -i inputfile ] [ -o outputfile ] [ { -s | -q } ] [ -k file.zsync ] [ -A hostname=username:password ] { filename | url } zsync -V DESCRIPTION
Downloads a file over HTTP. zsync uses a control file to determine whether any blocks in the file are already known to the downloader, and only downloads the new blocks. Either a filename or a URL can be given on the command line - this is the path of the control file for the download, which normally has the name of the actual file to downlaod with .zsync appended. (To create this .zsync file you have to have a copy of the target file, so this file should be generated by the person providing the download). zsync downloads to your current directory. It looks for any file in the directory of the same name as the file to download. If it finds one, it assumes that this is an earlier or incomplete version of the new file to download, and scans this file for any blocks that it can use to build the target file. (It also looks for a file of the same name with .part appended, so it will automatically find previously interrupted zsync downloads and reuse the data already downloaded. If you know that the local file to use as input has a different name, you must use -i) zsync retrieves the rest of the target file over HTTP. Once the download is finished, the old version (if the new file wants the same name) is moved aside (a .zs-old extension is appended). The modification time of the file is set to be the same as the remote source file (if specified in the .zsync). OPTIONS
-A hostname=username:password Specifies a username and password to be used with the given hostname. -A can be used multiple times (with different hostnames), in cases where e.g. the .zsync file is on a different server from the download, or there are multiple download servers (there could be different auth details for different servers - and zsync never assumes that your password should be sent to a server other than the one named - otherwise redirects would be dangerous!). -i inputfile Specifies (extra) input files. inputfile is scanned to identify blocks in common with the target file and zsync uses any blocks found. Can be used multiple times. -k file.zsync Indicates that zsync should save the zsync file that it downloads, with the given filename. If that file already exists, then zsync will make a conditional request to the web server, such that it will only download it again if the server's copy is newer. zsync will append .part to the filename for storing it while it is downloading, and will only overwrite the main file once the download is done - and if the download is interrupted, it will resume using the data in the .part file. -o outputfile Override the default output file name. -q Suppress the progress bar, download rate and ETA display. -s Deprecated synonym for -q. -u url This specifies the referring URL. If you have a .zsync file locally (if you downloaded it separately, with wget, say) and the .zsync file contains a relative URL, you need to specify where you got the .zsync file from so that zsync knows which server and path to use for the rest of the download (this is analogous to adding a <base href="..."> to a downloaded web page to make the links work). -V Prints the version of zsync. FILES
ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
http_proxy Should be the [http://]hostname:port for your web proxy, if one is required to access the target web server(s). EXAMPLES
zsync -i /var/lib/apt/lists/server.debian.org_debian_dists_etch_main_binary-i386_Packages http://zsync.moria.org.uk/s/etch/Packages.zsync AUTHORS
Colin Phipps <cph@moria.org.uk> SEE ALSO
zsyncmake(1) Colin Phipps 0.6.2 zsync(1)