Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dump eMail image to directory Post 302525379 by bakunin on Thursday 26th of May 2011 01:16:48 PM
Old 05-26-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
If you need a quick base 64 decoder, I have a C version. Of course, it is probably hiding somewhere in UNIX/LINUX/GNU!
Right you are, it is: "openssl" can encode/decode to base64:

Encode:
Code:
openssl enc -base64 -in /path/to/inputfile -out /path/to/outputfile

or to stdout:
Code:
openssl enc -base64 -in /path/to/inputfile

you can also use <stdin> for input:
Code:
echo "This is to be encoded." | openssl enc -base64

Decode: is done by adding option "-d"
Code:
openssl enc -base64 -d -in /path/to/encoded.file -out /path/to/decoded.file

...or analogous to the encoding variants.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Shell script to send email alert for core dump

Friends, I am in search for a shell script that is capable of running as a cronjob and have to send out an email when ever there is a CORE DUMP. Please post the hints to achieve my goal. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtatineni
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Image in email

hi all I have to send a mail, that should have an image at the backgound of the text. i know to send it as an attachment, but how can i set it as backgound. Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

SMTP Server - dump email

Background: I am replicating a set of servers into a "bubble" for testing. Those systems cannot be aware they are in a "bubble" so I must replicate all external services. I have successfully replicated most of those services except SMTP. I would like to configure an SMTP server that collects... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NFN_NLN
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash dump raw email body txt from Maildir

I'm setting up a cronjob that will hopefully dump the contents of a email delivered to Maildir/new/ to /home/user/raw.txt (and then delete that email) I could manually remove the bottom line of the raw email, then place the contents in the next line up in the /home/user/raw.txt, but it seems to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple .gz decompress files and dump other directory

I have code below for i in *.gz; do gzip -dc $i /home/vizion/Desktop/gzipfile/; done one more for i in *.gz; do gunzip -dc $i /home/vizion/Desktop/gzipfile/; done both are getting error: "gunzip: /home/vizion/Desktop/gzipfile/ is a directory -- ignored " i have requirement below in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count total image in directory

Dear all, I have a directory consisted of files in .jpg, .jpeg etc..all of them are image 20140411030143_62811159403_92886.jpg 5/11/2014 15:01 197K 20140415024737_62811618747_116460.jpg 4/15/2014 14:47 17K 20140415031003_62811618747_109192.jpg 4/17/2014 15:10 17K... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
4 Replies
base64(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 base64(1)

NAME
base64 -- Encode and decode using Base64 representation SYNOPSIS
base64 [-d | -h | -v | -D] [-b count] [-i input_file] [-o output_file] DESCRIPTION
base64 encodes and decodes Base64 data, as specified in RFC 4648. With no options, base64 reads raw data from stdin and writes encoded data as a continuous block to stdout. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -b count --break=count Insert line breaks every count characters. Default is 0, which generates an unbroken stream. -d --debug Print verbose log messages during processing. -D --decode Decode incoming Base64 stream into binary data. -h --help Print usage summary and exit. -i input_file --input=input_file Read input from input_file. Default is stdin; passing - also represents stdin. -o output_file --output=output_file Write output to output_file. Default is stdout; passing - also represents stdout. -v --version Print build version and exit. SEE ALSO
openssl(1), wikipedia page <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base64>, RFC 4648 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4648> Mac OS X 10.7 February 8, 2011 Mac OS X 10.7