Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sample Practical
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sample Practical Post 302524111 by danmero on Saturday 21st of May 2011 03:30:03 PM
Old 05-21-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4K
Hello
Today I had a beautiful test to write some commands using Ubuntu, now I want to make sure of my answers to be reassured, if I had a mistake please correct me
Sorry but in my opinion look like you fail the test.

If you want comments , please edit your original post and re-format the post using [code] tags for code and data sample and correct the[list] tags.

Last edited by danmero; 05-21-2011 at 04:38 PM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Can a Pentium III (450mhz) have any practical use these days?

Having had a big sort out at work I've brought home 3 Dell Dimension XPS-450 PCs. I've installed Ubuntu Linux on one which went fine, everything works, network, sound, Graphics Drivers etc. and it can see all the other PCs & storage on my network and can use the Shared printers from other PCs on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Amoung tar and gzip whiich unix command is more practical with respect to space manag

Hi All Can any body help me out. Amoung tar and gzip whiich unix command is more practical with respect to space management and file restoration. Eg if I use tar or gzip which will be more helpful to reduce the space and during the file restoration. Please help me out. regards... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
3 Replies

3. AIX

Looking for AIX Practical Experience

I have been in IT for around 7 years now and have benefited greatly from Open Source as well as free commercial offerings like Vmware Server that allow me to setup virtual environments and get some hands on time with different OS's and software. I am starting a new job in a few weeks which has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercrazy1
5 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Don't understand the practical difference between command aliases and environmental variables

Hey, I'm recently learning Unix from the video course by Kevin Scoglund. I'm stuck at the moment where he goes into Environmenat variables. I have some issues with understanding what's the essential difference between EV and command aliases: for instance, by writing the command alias ll='ls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
3 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)