Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Shared File System Project Feasibility Post 302523861 by kumaran_5555 on Friday 20th of May 2011 04:12:46 AM
Old 05-20-2011
Thanks for you tips here. I'll first start before getting deep into to optimizations :-)

Thanks again for your valuable tips.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tell me some good unix project in system level programming...

this is very urgent plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stalin2020
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

access collision with shared file system

Hello ALL, In my system, there are 14 machines running the same version of Linux RHEL4. The 14 machines use a NFS file system, i.e., a shared file system. My question is that if the programs in individual machines can access a common file simutaneously. Or, they have to access the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

3. AIX

changing values for nfs shared file system on aix

Hi, I want to change the values for shared file system in aix for that I have run the command smitty chnfsexp but I am not getting the all the values which I have seen while adding the file system while exporting example smitty chnfsexp but after selecting shared file system using F4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

4. Programming

Building an operating system for senior project?

Hey guys! this is my first post on this site. I was hoping you guys could help me out. I am going to be a senior this year and I want to build an operating system from scratch or at least do as much of as I can by myself. I want to build nothing big like ubuntu but something smaller looking that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hoonathan
10 Replies

5. Solaris

what is the use of /etc/project file and project administration commands?

i have two doubts.. 1. what is the use /etc/project file. i renamed this file and when i tried to switch user or login with some user account the login was happening slowly. but when i renamed it to original name it was working fine... why so? 2. unix already has useradd and grouadd for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shared File system- lib access issue

I have a C++ binary executable installed in a file system which is shared across multiple solaris boxes. When I start this executable from one of the boxes,I am able to start only 4 parallel instances and from the 5th instance onwards I am getting the following error. fatal: libdb2.so.1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html

i just wanted to know whether is it possible to open a website link and get a response in the form of xml or html format... the website is of local network... for example something like this wget http://blahblah.samplesite.com/blachblahcblach/User/jsp/ShowPerson.jsp?empid=123456 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Setting UID and GID for shared folder using NFS method in Linux system

Hi everyone, have a good day to you. I am trying to use NFS to share a folder between 2 linux systems. Let's say the server which is sharing the folder is server A and the client which need to access this shared folder is server B. In server B, i am having a Joe user which UID and GID is 500.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
1 Replies