Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print duplicate lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print duplicate lines Post 302523662 by locoroco on Thursday 19th of May 2011 10:17:03 AM
Old 05-19-2011
Print duplicate lines

I have a file where some of the lines are duplicates.

How do I use bash to print all the lines that have duplicates?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Only second Duplicate entry in the file

I have file where it contains 2 columns. In two columns the first column is repeated more than once. I wanted to take the unique record in first column and the corresponding second column value . The below is the example of the file: 8244100320012955|000b063471a4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi_rn
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete duplicate lines and print to file

OK, I have read several things on how to do this, but can't make it work. I am writing this to a vi file then calling it as an awk script. So I need to search a file for duplicate lines, delete duplicate lines, then write the result to another file, say /home/accountant/files/docs/nodup ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bfurlong
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines AFTER lines cointaining a regexp (or print every first and fourth line)

Hi all, This should be very easy but I can't figure it out... I have a file that looks like this: @SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 AGCAGTGGTATCAACGCAGAGTAAGCAGTGGTAT +SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 FIIHFF6666?=:88@@@BBD:::?@ABBAAA>8 @SRR057408.2 FW8Y5CK02TBMHV length=52... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print duplicate number

input chr1 10 100 chr1 10 100 chr1 20 200 output chr1 10 100 2 chr1 20 200 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print duplicate only lines as normal output - Awk

input output a1 100 200 XYZ_X a1 98 188 ABC (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: How to merge duplicate lines and print in a single

The input file: >cat module1 200611051053 95 200523457498 35 200617890187 57 200726098123 66 200645676712 71 200744556590 68 >cat module2 200645676712 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: winter9
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In a huge file, Delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines

Hi All, I have a very huge file (4GB) which has duplicate lines. I want to delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines. Sort, uniq, awk '!x++' are not working as its running out of buffer space. I dont know if this works : I want to read each line of the File in a For Loop, and want to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate elimination with column print

hi, my input a b c d e f g k i m g i k l b i n g o h m a b c d e b i n g o my output a b c d e f g k i m g i k l b i n g o h m what I would like to do is compare the first five columns of each row to the entire records in the file and if there is a match, eliminate that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print number of lines for files in directory, also print number of unique lines

I have a directory of files, I can show the number of lines in each file and order them from lowest to highest with: wc -l *|sort 15263 Image.txt 16401 reference.txt 40459 richtexteditor.txt How can I also print the number of unique lines in each file? 15263 1401 Image.txt 16401... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
15 Replies
MSGUNIQ(1)								GNU								MSGUNIQ(1)

NAME
msguniq - unify duplicate translations in message catalog SYNOPSIS
msguniq [OPTION] [INPUTFILE] DESCRIPTION
Unifies duplicate translations in a translation catalog. Finds duplicate translations of the same message ID. Such duplicates are invalid input for other programs like msgfmt, msgmerge or msgcat. By default, duplicates are merged together. When using the --repeated option, only duplicates are output, and all other messages are discarded. Comments and extracted comments will be cumulated, except that if --use-first is specified, they will be taken from the first translation. File positions will be cumulated. When using the --unique option, duplicates are discarded. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. Input file location: INPUTFILE input PO file -D, --directory=DIRECTORY add DIRECTORY to list for input files search If no input file is given or if it is -, standard input is read. Output file location: -o, --output-file=FILE write output to specified file The results are written to standard output if no output file is specified or if it is -. Message selection: -d, --repeated print only duplicates -u, --unique print only unique messages, discard duplicates Input file syntax: -P, --properties-input input file is in Java .properties syntax --stringtable-input input file is in NeXTstep/GNUstep .strings syntax Output details: -t, --to-code=NAME encoding for output --use-first use first available translation for each message, don't merge several translations --color use colors and other text attributes always --color=WHEN use colors and other text attributes if WHEN. WHEN may be 'always', 'never', 'auto', or 'html'. --style=STYLEFILE specify CSS style rule file for --color -e, --no-escape do not use C escapes in output (default) -E, --escape use C escapes in output, no extended chars --force-po write PO file even if empty -i, --indent write the .po file using indented style --no-location do not write '#: filename:line' lines -n, --add-location generate '#: filename:line' lines (default) --strict write out strict Uniforum conforming .po file -p, --properties-output write out a Java .properties file --stringtable-output write out a NeXTstep/GNUstep .strings file -w, --width=NUMBER set output page width --no-wrap do not break long message lines, longer than the output page width, into several lines -s, --sort-output generate sorted output -F, --sort-by-file sort output by file location Informative output: -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by Bruno Haible. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-gettext@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for msguniq is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and msguniq programs are properly installed at your site, the command info msguniq should give you access to the complete manual. GNU gettext-tools 0.18.1 June 2010 MSGUNIQ(1)