Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IBM AIX 5.3 Display
Operating Systems AIX IBM AIX 5.3 Display Post 302523151 by Debuger on Wednesday 18th of May 2011 05:19:41 AM
Old 05-18-2011
Xming is running on my PC. When I use
Code:
xhost

on my W machine then I have error:

Code:
Xlib: connection to "85.254.xxx.xxx:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

1356-200 xhost unable to open display "85.254.xxx.xxx:0"

X/Cygwin is similar to Xming? Can You give full step by step instructions how to use it? And it would work to my IBM AIX 5.3?

Best regards, Debuger!

Last edited by Debuger; 05-18-2011 at 06:26 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Help-----ibm Aix???

:confused: Hello everybody, I am a totel dummy when it comes to UNIX!!! Must be wondering what I am doing here right? I'm most keen on knowing about-it-all. I need help. Wanna know all about the IBM AIX. The versions, the latest. Please tell me how do I go about my search. Thanks a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtanuja
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how is IBM-AIX better..?

why IBM-AIX is preferred over HP-UX ..... In what way it is better for infrastructure......? Suggestions are welcome... Suggest you read the RULES (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
0 Replies

3. AIX

IBM-AIX Technical Help

Hi All :b:, Motto : I am in need of IBM-AIX INTERVIEW QUESTIONS. I am working as an a operator, on solaris 5.10 env. i have got an opportunity of IBM-AIX Administrator Job. I really don't want to miss this opportunity. By the way i have basic knowledge of Solaris UNIX, I have confident i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrankhan.in
7 Replies

4. AIX

ibm aix L1

hello all, can anyone send me ibm aix L1 interview questions... thank u guys...jiyojith (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiyojith
0 Replies

5. AIX

Completed IBM AIX

Yesterday I complted IBM AIX Certification (000-223). Passed 74% (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayn
8 Replies

6. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX IBM I and LINUX

As I know PowerVM supports these OS's AIX IBM I and LINUX but is there any blade or other hardware that allows us to use all these OS's (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies

8. AIX

pwage-aix for IBM AIX servers

This is the password aging script for aix just completed. So far tested and still testing on one of our aix server running 5.3.0.0. So anyway as you can see it is very similar to pwage-hpux-T the only difference on aix /etc/passwd file looks in this format. Also for this script to work you need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies

9. AIX

IBM P5 AIX Installtion

Hello, I am new to the area of ​​IBM AIX. I want a AIX 6.1 on IBM P5 server with four scsi hard disk size is 72GB each. after the the new boot from cdrom for the installtion. I could not find any Hard Disk (hdisk0). how can I configure the hard disk or find the Hard disk by first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alkhatw
1 Replies

10. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)