Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Sharing internet from host os to guest os Post 302521411 by jlliagre on Wednesday 11th of May 2011 07:29:23 AM
Old 05-11-2011
That wasn't the very same problem. You overlook the OP is using a different product. Installing VMWare tools on a VirtualBox guest will probably make it unusable.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Sharing

I'm new to the unix world, but have been asked if our company could set up a high speed internet connection to our unix server in order to connect all our users without haveing to pay for all these telephone lines. I assume it is easy but unsafe. Any help from the basics to the advanced will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike11
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help to set up internet sharing in linux.

Ok, I'm kind of in between newbie and experienced somewhere. I'm an advanced computer user but only have a little experience with linux and a lot of problems with it. Currently I'm using Linux-Mandrake 8.0 (I know, I know, but let's not go into the many reasons why it's not even close to the best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nazo
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Internet Sharing with SUSE 7.3

I have a home network connected to a cable modem. I would like to use my SUSE 7.3 as a proxy. My layout is this. all computers connected to a hub. SUSE has 2 nics. 1 for cable modem(eth0, one for internal network connected to hub(eth1) All other machines connect to hub eth0 - DHCP from ISP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet sharing

I wanted to share internet with my Server running Win 2000 and client on Solaris 8. I networked them with a hub and 2 NICs on Server. Is there any software to share the internet? Need help!!!!!!!!!! Thanks... Praveen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenk
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

Sharing internet connection

Hello all, Recently took a dive into Unix using Fedora 12 atm. I have cable modem with DHCP and a linksys 8 port router. With windows I was able to simple use the uplink port and plug each computer into the switch and use the internet connection. Having no luck doing the same in Unix. I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
0 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to ping Linux guest from win7 host

Hi, I am using win7 on my PC and installed VMware on it on which i am running linux I am unable to ping my linux guest from my win machine, but i can ping my windows host from linux guest : Below is my system configuration Linux root@localhost ~]# ifconfig eth0 Link... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chander_1987
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Why I cannot access internet from Solaris guest using url?

Hi all, I'm using virtualbox bridged adapter Host:Windows 7 Guest: Solaris 11 while I can ping between the host and guess, I cannot access the Internet from the solaris guest. here's my settings: while I can ping 173.194.38.128 (which is actually google.com), I cannot ping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Qemu Problems: OpenBSD(host) Kali Linux(guest)

As the title suggests I ran into a little problem trying to create a virtual machine of Kali Linux usign Qemu inside OpenBSD. I edited the example Kali Linux gave on their website here to the following for BSD: qemu-system-i386 -hda ./kali.qcow2 -boot d -cdrom ./kali-linux-1.0.5-i386.iso -m... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
0 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Virtualbox guest as a firewall for lUbuntu host

Using virtualbox, I am trying to use Alpine linux (guest) as a firewall for my lubuntu (host). My physical network card (NIC) is eth0. ISP WAN -> Alpine linux (guest) -> lubuntu (host) LAN I am trying to get the ip from my ISP DHCP server but I had no success. I know that in virtualbox I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrickySecurity
0 Replies
HV_KVP_DAEMON(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  HV_KVP_DAEMON(8)

NAME
hv_kvp_daemon -- Hyper-V Key Value Pair Daemon SYNOPSIS
hv_kvp_daemon [-dn] DESCRIPTION
The hv_kvp_daemon daemon provides the ability to store, retrieve, modify and delete Key Value pairs for FreeBSD guest partitions running on Hyper-V. Hyper-V allows administrators to store custom metadata in the form of Key Value pairs inside the FreeBSD guest partition. Administrators can use Windows Powershell scripts to add, read, modify and delete such Key Value pairs. The hv_kvp_daemon accepts Key Value pair management requests from the hv_utils(4) driver and performs the actual metadata management on the file-system. The same daemon and driver combination is also used to set and get IP addresses from a FreeBSD guest. The set functionality is particularly useful when the FreeBSD guest is assigned a static IP address and is failed over from one Hyper-V host to another. After failover, Hyper-V uses the set IP functionality to automatically update the FreeBSD guest's IP address to its original static value. On the other hand, the get IP functionality is used to update the guest IP address in the Hyper-V management console window. The options are as follows: -d Run as regular process instead of a daemon for debugging purpose. -n Generate debugging output. SEE ALSO
hv_vmbus(4), hv_utils(4), hv_netvsc(4), hv_storvsc(4), hv_ata_pci_disengage(4), hv_kvp(4) HISTORY
Support for Hyper-V in the form of ports was first released in September 2013. The daemon was developed through a joint effort between Cit- rix Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Network Appliance Inc.. AUTHORS
FreeBSD support for hv_kvp_daemon was first added by Microsoft BSD Integration Services Team <bsdic@microsoft.com>. BSD
October 27, 2014 BSD