Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Sharing internet from host os to guest os Post 302521411 by jlliagre on Wednesday 11th of May 2011 07:29:23 AM
Old 05-11-2011
That wasn't the very same problem. You overlook the OP is using a different product. Installing VMWare tools on a VirtualBox guest will probably make it unusable.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Sharing

I'm new to the unix world, but have been asked if our company could set up a high speed internet connection to our unix server in order to connect all our users without haveing to pay for all these telephone lines. I assume it is easy but unsafe. Any help from the basics to the advanced will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike11
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help to set up internet sharing in linux.

Ok, I'm kind of in between newbie and experienced somewhere. I'm an advanced computer user but only have a little experience with linux and a lot of problems with it. Currently I'm using Linux-Mandrake 8.0 (I know, I know, but let's not go into the many reasons why it's not even close to the best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nazo
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Internet Sharing with SUSE 7.3

I have a home network connected to a cable modem. I would like to use my SUSE 7.3 as a proxy. My layout is this. all computers connected to a hub. SUSE has 2 nics. 1 for cable modem(eth0, one for internal network connected to hub(eth1) All other machines connect to hub eth0 - DHCP from ISP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet sharing

I wanted to share internet with my Server running Win 2000 and client on Solaris 8. I networked them with a hub and 2 NICs on Server. Is there any software to share the internet? Need help!!!!!!!!!! Thanks... Praveen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenk
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

Sharing internet connection

Hello all, Recently took a dive into Unix using Fedora 12 atm. I have cable modem with DHCP and a linksys 8 port router. With windows I was able to simple use the uplink port and plug each computer into the switch and use the internet connection. Having no luck doing the same in Unix. I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
0 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to ping Linux guest from win7 host

Hi, I am using win7 on my PC and installed VMware on it on which i am running linux I am unable to ping my linux guest from my win machine, but i can ping my windows host from linux guest : Below is my system configuration Linux root@localhost ~]# ifconfig eth0 Link... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chander_1987
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Why I cannot access internet from Solaris guest using url?

Hi all, I'm using virtualbox bridged adapter Host:Windows 7 Guest: Solaris 11 while I can ping between the host and guess, I cannot access the Internet from the solaris guest. here's my settings: while I can ping 173.194.38.128 (which is actually google.com), I cannot ping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Qemu Problems: OpenBSD(host) Kali Linux(guest)

As the title suggests I ran into a little problem trying to create a virtual machine of Kali Linux usign Qemu inside OpenBSD. I edited the example Kali Linux gave on their website here to the following for BSD: qemu-system-i386 -hda ./kali.qcow2 -boot d -cdrom ./kali-linux-1.0.5-i386.iso -m... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
0 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Virtualbox guest as a firewall for lUbuntu host

Using virtualbox, I am trying to use Alpine linux (guest) as a firewall for my lubuntu (host). My physical network card (NIC) is eth0. ISP WAN -> Alpine linux (guest) -> lubuntu (host) LAN I am trying to get the ip from my ISP DHCP server but I had no success. I know that in virtualbox I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrickySecurity
0 Replies
PAM_GUEST(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      PAM_GUEST(8)

NAME
pam_guest -- Guest PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] module-type control-flag pam_guest [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The guest service module for PAM allows guest logins. If successful, the pam_guest module sets the PAM environment variable GUEST to the login name. The application can check this variable using pam_getenv(3) to differentiate guest logins from normal logins. The following options may be passed to the pam_guest module: guests=list Comma-separated list of guest account names. The default is ``guest''. A typical value for ftpd(8) would be ``anonymous,ftp''. nopass Omits the password prompt if the target account is on the list of guest accounts. pass_as_ruser The password typed in by the user is exported as the PAM_RUSER item. This is useful for applications like ftpd(8) where guest users are encouraged to use their email address as password. pass_is_user Requires the guest user to type in the guest account name as password. SEE ALSO
pam_get_item(3), pam_getenv(3), pam.conf(5), pam(8) AUTHORS
The pam_guest module and this manual page were developed for the FreeBSD Project by ThinkSec AS and NAI Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
May 26, 2003 BSD