Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculating start and end of UK summertime Post 302517918 by esb4me on Thursday 28th of April 2011 06:58:41 AM
Old 04-28-2011
Thanks for the replies. I guess the algorithm for summertime changeover varies by country. I didn't know about zdump, you have to browse the zoneinfo directory on your machine to find out what strings to use?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a particular start and end pattern from a line

hi In the foll example the whole text in a single line.... i want to extract text from IPTel to RTCPBase.h. want to use this acrooss the whole file Updated: IPTel\platform\core\include\RTCPBase.h \main\MWS2051_Sablime_Int\1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish205
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Complete dump from start to the end

Hi all... I was accidentally wipe off my iphone and lost all the data in it:(. So I tried to use dd to create an image from iphone and ssh to the Mac by using: dd if=/dev/disk | ssh user@MacIP of='image.img' Then I mount this image on Mac/Windows and run recovery software because most of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seraphc
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String as both start and end anchors in awk

Not sure if the title of this thread makes sense, but hopefully my explanation will. I'm using awk to print some stats from an apache accesslog. I would like to specify the regexp condition where only the two root pages of "index.html" and "/" are counted in my results. What I can't figure out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: picassolsus
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching between start and end time

Hello All, Below mentioned is my log file. I want to make a script which ask for start time and then end time and then search particular word between those lines. Like start time:2 end time: 4 and then search all values starting from cell 84 between this time. Please Help ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakhan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regex using /START/../END/

I need help with perl code. I have a data file with lots of data example: data.txt file START DATA1 sjdfh kjhdf DATA2 sdkjfhk jds dshfgdf ... Around 20 - 30 lines END LDDDD awdkjasd a sdkahgdk jasdh SOME CRAP Some EMPTY lines etc START DATA1 sjdfh kjhdf DATA2 sdkjfhk jds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
2 Replies

6. Programming

Returning start/end indices

I have an array of distances and a len, for example len = 323 dist = I want to calculate the start and end index values around each distance in the array with a length of len from it. Values in dist are stored in ascending order. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I search with start and end criteria?

Hello I'm using cygwin and wouldlike extract information from an xml file according specific values, but don't know how. Let's say in a file content looks like this: <tab> SURNAME=Mustermann NAME=Max CUSTOMER SINCE= 18.01.2000 ADDRESS=Birmingham ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: witchblade
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving sequences corresponding to start and end position

Hi all, I have a fasta file of a reference sequnce, I will like to retrieve sequences corresponding to a list of start and end position in another file >my_ref_seq GCCCTATAAGGGCAGAAGCTTGTCCTTCTTGTGCCAGTTATGACGTTTGTCCTAACTGCACATCTGGTAG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibk
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting week start date and end date based on custom period start dates

Below are my custom period start and end dates based on a calender, these dates are placed in a file, for each period i need to split into three weeks for each period row, example is given below. Could you please help out to achieve solution through shell script.. File content: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
2 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)