Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn shell program to parse CSV text file and insert values into Oracle database Post 302517843 by palanisvr on Thursday 28th of April 2011 01:53:06 AM
Old 04-28-2011
Try with the updated one

Code:
for i in `cat  file.txt`
do
col1=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $1}'`
col2=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $2}'`
col3=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $3}'`
col4=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $4}'`
col5=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $5}'`
col6=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $6}'`
col7=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $7}'`
col8=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $8}'`
col9=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $9}'`
col10=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $10}'`
col11=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $11}'`
col12=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $12}'`
col13=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $13}'`
col14=`echo  $i | awk -F ',' '{print $14}'`

sqlplus -s scott/tiger@ORACLE10G <<eof
INSERT INTO TEST_TAB 
(COLUMN1, COLUMN2.....................)
VALUES
($col1, $col2, $col3,.................)
commit;
exit;
eof

done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to export data from csv file to oracle database

Hello people, Need favour. The problem I have is that, I need to develop a unix shell script that performs recurring exports of data from a csv file to an oracle database. Basically, the csv file contains just the first name and last name will be dumped to an Unix server. The data from these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayagan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert data in database based on text file?

Hi....can you guys help me out in this script?? Below is a text file script....called Bukom.txt and it contains these: BUKOM 20060101 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 2.3 2.1 BUKOM 20060102 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.7 2.6 2.4 BUKOM 20060103 2.1 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Shell Script to upload data from Text file to Oracle database

Hi Does any one have any idea on uploading the data using Unix Shell script from text file to Oracle database. Requirement:- 1. Need to connect to Oracle database from Unix Shell script. 2. Need to pick Text file from some location on Unix Box. 3. Need to upload the data from text file to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrashekharj
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script: want to insert values in database when update script runs

Hi , I am new to linux and also also to shell scripting. I have one shell script which unpacks .tgz file and install software on machine. When this script runs I want to insert id,filename,description(which will be in readme file),log(which will be in log file) and name of unpacked folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ring
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert data into MYSql database from a text file

Hi, Need to get help from you guys about this issue. I need to insert data into MySql database from a text file which is located in other server. The text file is something look like below: Date | SubscriberNo | Call Duration 20/7/07 | 123456788 | 20 20/7/07 | 123412344 | 30 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirleyeow
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to: Parse text string into variables using Korn shell

I am writing a script to keep check on free disk space, and I would like to find a way to parse $LINE (see code below) into a numeric value (for free disk space percentage) and a string value (for mount point). If possible, I would like to avoid sed or any additional use of awk since I am not very... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert data into database by reading it from a text file??

Hi....can you guys help me out in this script?? Below is a text file and it contains these: GEF001 000093625 MKL002510 000001 000000 000000 000000 000000 000000 000001 GEF001 000093625 MKL003604 000001 000000 000000 000000 000000 000000 000001 GEF001 000093625 MKL005675 000001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallavishetty
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert values into sqlplus database using shell script

hello all, I am new to shell scripting and to unix... so the following is my assignment.. here i am trying to insert a values into sqlplus database using shell script. the following is my shell script InsertDelete.sh #! /bin/sh echo "*********The MENU******** 1.Insert The Values... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeept
2 Replies

9. Web Development

INSERT data to a Database Table from a text file

If you have a text file and if you want to Insert data to your Database Table, You can do it with these queries LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE '/path/yourTextFile.txt' INTO TABLE yourTableName FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' ESCAPED BY '\\' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n' (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitex
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse log file to insert into database

I have a log file that's created daily by this command: sar -u 300 288 >> /var/log/usage/$(date "+%Y-%m-%d")_$(hostname)_cpu.log It that contains data like this: Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 (myhostname) 08/15/2015 _x86_64_ (1 CPU) 11:34:17 PM CPU %user %nice ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: unplugme71
12 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.11 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)