Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to assign an array element to a variable Post 302517293 by kaushik_87 on Tuesday 26th of April 2011 10:54:03 AM
Old 04-26-2011
hello guys thnks for your comments it is working now Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift array element

I want to delete and 0th element of array in shell scrpit and also shift all others to one level up. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign dscl output to variable as an array

Greetings folks, I am trying to assign the output of a dscl command (contains name<spaces>id) to a variable as an array. Currently I am piping the output into a tmp file, then reading the tmp file into an array, then parsing the array. I would like to bypass creating the tmp file portion of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: macnetdaemon
6 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Array element & string variable

Hello, I am trying to assign $string = $a; #a= 10100 print " $string"; # showing 10100 I am using this $string as $result = index($string, $char, $offset); As above, is not capturing binary nos. in following format; $string = '10100'; so index is not working. kindly suggest. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shristi
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign a variable to an array

I want to ask the user to enter an X amount of file names. I want to put those names into an array and then loop back through them to verify they are in the directory. 1st- How would I assign the value to an array and what is the correct syntax. 2nd- how would i reference that array after I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvb2727
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign value to array variable

Hi, I have a piece of code as follows: i=0 while read LINE do var = "$LINE" i=$((i+1)) echo "${var}" done < file I want to assign value to the array var. However, when i execute the script i get a error. Please can you help me know what i am missing. I ultimately want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign file names to array variable?

I wish to assign file names with particular extention to array variables. For example if there are 5 files with .dat extention in /home/sam then i have to assign these 5 files to an array. plz help me how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we assign value to an array variable from an external file?

is it possible to assign value to an array variable from an external file?? if yes then how?? I am using below code but its not working. #!bin/bash myarray < file_name echo ${mayarray} (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign an shell array to awk array?

Hello All, Can you please help me with the below. #!/bin/bash ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5 EXTRACT_DT:30-SEP-12 VER_NUM:1" ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array Element

This question is for someone that's more familiar with Array Element. I need to know if the maximum array element that can be assigned is 1024 and if its so, Is there a workaround solution when the counter exceeded 1024? param_array="$param_nam" counter=$counter+1 #to avoid space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an element to a bash array with a variable

Hello, I have a simple task and I am having some trouble with the syntax. I have a variable with an assigned value, CMD_STRING='-L 22 -s 0 -r -O -A i -N 100 -n' I would like to add that variable to an array. As far as I have been able to look up, the syntax should be something like, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies
SVN_CLEANUP(3)								 1							    SVN_CLEANUP(3)

svn_cleanup - Recursively cleanup a working copy directory, finishing incomplete operations and removing locks

SYNOPSIS
bool svn_cleanup (string $workingdir) DESCRIPTION
Recursively cleanup working copy directory $workingdir, finishing any incomplete operations and removing working copy locks. Use when a working copy is in limbo and needs to be usable again. PARAMETERS
o $workingdir - String path to local working directory to cleanup Note Relative paths will be resolved as if the current working directory was the one that contains the PHP binary. To use the calling script's working directory, use realpath(3) or dirname(__FILE__). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Warning This function is EXPERIMENTAL. The behaviour of this function, its name, and surrounding documentation may change without notice in a future release of PHP. This function should be used at your own risk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Basic example This example demonstrates clean up of a working copy in a directory named help-me: <?php svn_cleanup(realpath('help-me')); ?> The realpath(3) call is necessary due to SVN's quirky handling of relative paths. SEE ALSO
update(3), SVN documentation on svn cleanup. PHP Documentation Group SVN_CLEANUP(3)