Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Is there any way to set the files modified date and stamp to last modifies time? Post 302516213 by otheus on Friday 22nd of April 2011 03:30:47 AM
Old 04-22-2011
the GNU touch command is pretty useful here. You can set the modification, access or (default) inode times. You can set them by reference to another file or via a specific date string.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File date and time stamp

I have to capture the creation date and time stamp for a file. The ls command doesn't list all the required information. I need year, month, day, hour, minute and second. Any ideas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xenon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Time Stamp

I'm trying to write a script that checks the DTS of a file the compares it to the current time. If greater that 60 mins has gone by and the file has not been written to alert. So far I have the time pulled from the file but I dont know how to compare the times against a 60 min difference. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarich
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Time and Date Stamp

I have a directory with following files in it ABC.000.DAT ABC.001.DAT ABC.002.DAT ABC.003.DAT I want to insert time and date stamp in file names like ABC.000.YYYYMMDDHHMM.DAT I able to insert the time and date stamp at the end of filename Kindly help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date/Time Stamp

Hi All, Wondering if there is have a date added at the end of a test string. I have a hypothetical text file day one: John Paul George When the file day one is output, I'd like it to read something like this: John 101406 Paul 101406 George 101406 Day two, when the same text file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimmyFlip
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Zip the files from date Stamp to end date Stamp

Hi, I need to zip the list of files using from date Stamp to end date Stamp, How can I filter and make FromDate_EndDate.gzip? any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync - date/time stamp

Hi, We are using RSYNC for syncing remote directories and working great. Our requirement is to have the destination files with date/time stamp of when they're copied on to the destination server, NOT the date/time stamps of source files/directories. As RSYNC, by default, preserving the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

7. Linux

rename files in a folder with date&time stamp

Hi, I want to rename all the files (more than 100 files) in a fodler to another folder with date&time stamp. foe eg, file1.dat file2.dat file3.dat .. to be renamed as file1100629_16_30_15.txt (yy-mon-dd_hh_mi_ss) file1100629_16_30_16.txt .. so on (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroz
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set date and time stamp of one file to another

Hi I use "touch -t xxxxxxxx" command to set date/time stamp of a file. My requirement is to read the date/time stamp of a file and apply it to another file. Is there anyway to do it simple instead of manually taking date/stamp of first file? TIA Prvn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script when a file is modified/time stamp changed

Hi, I need to run a script file which uses a file and that file is modified as and when some alarms generated, it is not based on any fixed time period.. it may be modified even once in a minute for some time and once in 30 min or once in 20 min. Hence i need to watch for the timestamp change of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files with date and time stamp

Hi Folks, Need a clarification on files with date and time stamp. Here is my requirement. There is a file created everyday with the following format "file.txt.YYYYMMDDHHMMSS". Now i need to check for this file and if it is available then i need to do some task to the file. I tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
6 Replies
PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)											       PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_set_tstamp_type - set the time stamp type to be used by a capture device SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_set_tstamp_type(pcap_t *p, int tstamp_type); DESCRIPTION
pcap_set_tstamp_type() sets the the type of time stamp desired for packets captured on the pcap descriptor to the type specified by tstamp_type. It must be called on a pcap descriptor created by pcap_create() that has not yet been activated by pcap_activate(). pcap_list_tstamp_types() will give a list of the time stamp types supported by a given capture device. See pcap-tstamp(7) for a list of all the time stamp types. RETURN VALUE
pcap_set_tstamp_type() returns 0 on success if the specified time stamp type is expected to be supported by the capture device, PCAP_WARN- ING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP if the specified time stamp type is not supported by the capture device, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if called on a capture handle that has been activated, and PCAP_ERROR_CANTSET_TSTAMP_TYPE if the capture device doesn't support setting the time stamp type. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap_list_tstamp_types(3PCAP), pcap_tstamp_type_name_to_val(3PCAP), pcap-tstamp(7) 5 December 2014 PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)