Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printing all lines before a specific string and a custom message 2 lines after Post 302515870 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 21st of April 2011 05:27:26 AM
Old 04-21-2011
Code:
awk -F\| '1;$3=="Bob"{c=3};--c==0{print "STOPPING HERE"; exit}' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing lines with specific awk NF

I have this files: ./frm/lf_mt1_cd.Ic_cell_template.attr ./die/addgen_tb_pumd.Ic_cell_template.attr ./min_m1_n.Ic_cell_template.attr When I use: awk -F\/ '{print NF}' Would result to: 3 3 2 I would like to list the files with 3 fields on it. Any Suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jehrome_rando
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the lines which proceeds the particular string

Hi, We are facing some issues while finding the particular string. Our file is: cat 1.txt Node Name(s) Preparation fragment Partition: Transformation instance: Transformation: Applied rows: Affected rows: Rejected rows: Throughput(Rows/Sec): Throughput(Bytes/Sec): Last... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing lines to a file from a particular string

Hi, A very Good Evening to All, I am writing a script for my application. I have a file with 1000 lines. Among that 1000 lines i am searching for a particular string. And from that string i need to pull all the data in to a seperate file. For example the contents of my file is as below. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: intiraju
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing 10 lines above and below the search string: help needed

Hi, The below code will search a particular string(say false in this case) and return me 10 lines above and below the search string in a file. " awk 'c-->0;$0~s{if(b)for(c=b+1;c>1;c--)print r;print("***********************************");print;c=a;}b{r=$ 0}' b=10 a=10 s="false" " ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimalm22
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitute a string on a specific position for specific lines

I woud like to substitue a string on a specific position for specific lines I've got a file and I would like to change a specific string from "TOCHANGE" to "ABCABCAB" For every line (except 1,2, 3 and the last one) , I need to check between the 9th and the 16th digits. For the 3rd line, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSF
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing several lines of a file after a specific expression

Hello, I want to print a number of lines of a file after a specific expression of a line. I have this sed command but it prints only 1 line after the expression. How could I adapt it to print for instance 10 lines after or 15 lines after ? sed -n '/regexp/{n;p;}' Thx & Regs, Rany. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the lines of the string with highest value

Please help . The script need to first grep for all lines with "C:" as it contains a value Here the value is 0 1,00: This , is a good script c:0 and then give output of the lines with top 3 highest value for c: 1,00: This , is a nice script c:9999 1,00: This , is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing next two lines from a file after grepping a specific pattern

Hi I have a file like # vi require.txt 1,BANK,Read blocks that cycle. yellow Read blocks. 2,ACCOUNT,Finished Red Finished . 3,LOAN, pipe white pipe 4,PROFIT,Resolve. black Resolve Am using like cat require.txt | grep -w ACCOUNTThe output I get is (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing lines with specific strings at specific columns

Hi I have a file which is tab-delimited. Now, I'd like to print the lines which have "chr6" string in both first and second columns. Could anybody help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_bahreini
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing multiple lines on the same line between specific text

This is an extract from a large file. The lines that start with fc are ports on a fabric switch. In between each fc port there is information about the port. fc2/12 is up Port description is SEIEDISCOVER-3 Speed is 4 Gbps fc2/13 is down (Administratively down) fc2/14 is up Port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)