Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity What kind of hacking is going on here?? Post 302514546 by GSO on Saturday 16th of April 2011 03:30:56 PM
Old 04-16-2011
Question What kind of hacking is going on here??

Connecting to the Internet with OpenVPN, the connection fails. Rerunning openvpn works second time round but the install is hacked at that point (e.g., a rogue 'java-security' update tries to install itself on 'yum update', yum however spots this and rejects the download, other basic things start to fail).

If I however open only a https udp port prior to bringing the network interface up and starting openvpn then all is fine.

Anyone any idea what is going on here?

Smilie

Last edited by Scott; 04-16-2011 at 06:49 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what kind of UNIX

ok, so i want to figure out what type of UNIX i have and in this book im reading about it, it says that i can figure out what type i have by typing the command uname in the prompt. So i did this and it came up saying Darwin?? is that part of System V UNIX or BSD or do i have LINUX? if anyone can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiei
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to determine which kind of unix is used

how can i determine which type of unix (solaris ,AIX,HP-UX...) is installed on the machine that i am working? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What kind of Linux for the newbies?

I am one of the newbies. I want to load linux on my notebook, however, i am not sure which linux is the most recommend for the newbies. Could you please advise? Thanks you very much for any advise you may give me. Best Regards, SANLEN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kind of knapsack problem

I need to run as many (thousands) very small cron jobs within a duration of 5 minutes and repeatedly through out the day. This kind of requirement would be up against system resources and limitations such as nproc, maxuprc, numbers of cron jobs allowed in crontab, RSS, SWAP, CPU and others that I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngungo
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check the kind of file

Hi all, I'm working on Solaris 10 and I have to install some packets in which there are files of different kind. In this situation I need to know a command of UNIX/Solaris to check the kind of file. For example how can I know if the file has ISO or ASCII or BER or HEX format? Thank you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
4 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

sed help,,kind of urgent!!

Hello All, My problem is: I want to replace a line from a file with sed. The first word in that line is always the same in every server. The second line is server model, which of course will vary from platform to platform and I need to leave that word as it is. After the second word, I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

7. Programming

A different kind of counting in SQL

I am looking to do a count on a database table where some of the elements count double. Say the data is as follows: id value 1 X 2 Y 3 X 4 X 5 Y A regular count (SELECT value, COUNT(*) FROM data GROUP BY value) would yield: X 3 Y 2 However, Y happens to count double so the answer should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. Linux

Kind of reverse engineering

Hi everyone, I'm a linux novice , in a training purpose i have to reconstruct under windows an application running under fedora 14, the application communicates with an STB device through RS232 in a first time and then through ethernet for firmware loading purpose. All what i know is how to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nidal
2 Replies
CARTON-INSTALL(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					CARTON-INSTALL(1p)

NAME
carton-install - Install the dependencies SYNOPSIS
carton install [--deployment] [--path=PATH] [modules...] DESCRIPTION
Install the dependencies for your application. This command has two modes and the behavior is slightly different. DEVELOPMENT MODE carton install (no arguments) If you run "carton install" without any arguments and if cpanfile exists, carton will scan dependencies from cpanfile and install the modules. In either way, if you run "carton install" for the first time (i.e. carton.lock does not exist), carton will fetch all the modules specified, resolve dependencies and install all required modules from CPAN. If carton.lock file does exist, carton will still try to install modules specified or updated in cpanfile, but uses carton.lock for the dependency resolution, and then cascades to CPAN. carton will analyze all the dependencies and their version information, and it is saved into carton.lock file. It is important to add carton.lock file into a version controlled repository and commit the changes as you update your dependencies. DEPLOYMENT MODE If you specify the "--deployment" command line option or the carton.lock exists and cpanfile does not exist, carton will fetch all remote modules and use the dependencies specified in the carton.lock instead of resolving dependencies. CONSERVATIVE UPDATE
"carton install" doesn't update the modules already installed into local library path as long as the version is satisfied. For example, one day you install URI-1.50 from CPAN: > carton install URI Successfully installed URI-1.50 Few weeks later, URI module is updated to 1.51 on CPAN. If you run the "carton install URI" again: > carton install URI You have URI (1.50) because you haven't specified the version number, carton won't update the module in your local library path. WARNINGS: following commands are not implemented If you want to update to the latest version of CPAN, you can either use "carton update" command, or specify the required version either in your cpanfile. > carton update URI > cat cpanfile requires 'URI', 1.51; Any of those will upgrade URI to the latest one from CPAN, and the version specified in the carton.lock will be bumped. OPTIONS
--deployment Force the deployment mode and carton will ignore cpanfile contents. --path Specify the path to install modules to. Defaults to local in the current directory. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-12 CARTON-INSTALL(1p)