Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match multiple patterns in a file and then print their respective next line Post 302513018 by radoulov on Tuesday 12th of April 2011 06:50:30 AM
Old 04-12-2011
If the records you want to print are always right after the patterns:

Code:
sed -n '
/^# ATC_Codes:/ { n; p;}
/^# Generic_Name:/ { n; p;}
/^# Drug_Target_1_Gene_Name:/ { n; p;}
 ' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Match a line with multiple search patterns

Hi I'm not very good with the serach patterns and I'd need a sample how to find a line that has multiple patterns. Say I want to find a line that has "abd", "123" and "QWERTY" and there can be any characters or numbers between the serach patterns, I have a file that has thousands of lines and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines which match multiple patterns

Hi, I have a text file as follows: 11:38:11.054 run1_rdseq avg_2-5 999988.0000 1024.0000 11:50:52.053 run3_rdrand 999988.0000 1135.0 128.0417 11:53:18.050 run4_wrrand avg_2-5 999988.0000 8180.5833 11:55:42.051 run4_wrrand avg_2-5 999988.0000 213.8333 11:55:06.053... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annazpereira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a line in File 1 with Column in File 2 and print whole line in file 2 when matched

Hi Experts, I am very new to scripting and have a prb since few days and it is urgent to solve so much appreciated if u help me. i have 2 files file1.txt 9647810043118 9647810043126 9647810043155 9647810043161 9647810043166 9647810043185 9647810043200 9647810043203 9647810043250... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustafa.abdulsa
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern match and print the output in a single line

I need to match two patterns in a log file and need to get the next line of the one of the pattern (out of two patterns) that is matched, finally need to print these three values in a single line. Sample Log: 2013/06/11 14:29:04 <0999> (725102) Processing batch 02_1231324 2013/06/11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match 2 different patterns and print the lines

Hi, i have been trying to extract multiple lines based on two different patterns as below:- file1 @jkm|kdo|aas012|192.2.3.1 blablbalablablkabblablabla sjfdsakfjladfjefhaghfagfkafagkjsghfalhfk fhajkhfadjkhfalhflaffajkgfajkghfajkhgfkf jahfjkhflkhalfdhfwearhahfl @jkm|sdf|wud08q|168.2.1.3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns and print them with other patterns not the whole line

Hi, I am trying to extract some patterns from a line. The input file is space delimited and i could not use column to get value after "IN" or "OUT" patterns as there could be multiple white spaces before the next digits that i need to print in the output file . I need to print 3 patterns in a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep patterns in a file and limit number of matches to print for each pattern match

Hi I need to egrep patterns in a file and limit number of matches to print for each matched pattern. -m10 option is not working out in my sun solaris 5.10 Please guide me the options to achieve. if i do head -10 , i wont be getting all pattern match results as output since for a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep multiple patterns(file) and replace whole line

I am able to grep multiple patterns which stored in a files. However, how could we replace the whole line with either the pattern or new string? For example: pattern_file: *Info in the () is not part of the pattern file. They are the intended name to replace the whole line after the pattern... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxboo
5 Replies
case(1T)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  case(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
case - Evaluate one of several scripts, depending on a given value SYNOPSIS
case string ?in? patList body ?patList body ...? case string ?in? {patList body ?patList body ...?} _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Note: the case command is obsolete and is supported only for backward compatibility. At some point in the future it may be removed entirely. You should use the switch command instead. The case command matches string against each of the patList arguments in order. Each patList argument is a list of one or more patterns. If any of these patterns matches string then case evaluates the following body argument by passing it recursively to the Tcl interpreter and returns the result of that evaluation. Each patList argument consists of a single pattern or list of patterns. Each pattern may con- tain any of the wild-cards described under string match. If a patList argument is default, the corresponding body will be evaluated if no patList matches string. If no patList argument matches string and no default is given, then the case command returns an empty string. Two syntaxes are provided for the patList and body arguments. The first uses a separate argument for each of the patterns and commands; this form is convenient if substitutions are desired on some of the patterns or commands. The second form places all of the patterns and commands together into a single argument; the argument must have proper list structure, with the elements of the list being the patterns and commands. The second form makes it easy to construct multi-line case commands, since the braces around the whole list make it unneces- sary to include a backslash at the end of each line. Since the patList arguments are in braces in the second form, no command or variable substitutions are performed on them; this makes the behavior of the second form different than the first form in some cases. SEE ALSO
switch(1T) KEYWORDS
case, match, regular expression ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 7.0 case(1T)