Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX cifs: mount Windows Server 2008 share ? Post 302512775 by kah00na on Monday 11th of April 2011 03:23:04 PM
Old 04-11-2011
Did you check the state of your "nsmb0"?
Code:
hostname:/:$ lsdev | grep nsmb0
nsmb0        Available       N/A
hostname:/:$

If you are now authenticating with a domain account, you have to give the "-o wrkgrp=DOMAIN" option.
Code:
mount -v cifs -n host1/user1/pass1 -o wrkgrp=DOMAIN /share1 /mountpt1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

2. AIX

Access AIX NFS Share from Windows Server 2008

Hi all, Hopefully this question hasn't been asked a thousand times. I am trying to connect a Windows Server to an exported NFS share which resides on an AIX box. I think the directory is exported correctly from the AIX side but I can't verify that because I didn't do it myself. On the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

user can't write on cifs share but OK with Windows Explorer

Share ServerA ==== The Samba server is running on Samba version 3.0.22 based HP CIFS Server A.02.03.04 /opt/cifsclient/sbin/cifsclientd version: HP CIFS Client - Version A.02.02.02 smb file: My previous casw was thew user wasn't able to write to the share from Windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamoul
1 Replies

4. AIX

CIFS Mount not mounting on my AIX server

Dear Experts, Im facing a unique situation. We got a windows server folder cifs mounted on my AIX server. Before restarting the win server I tried unmounting the cifs mount. It got hanged and win server was restarted however. Now Im trying to mount the same. It prompts for password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadeava
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX cifs mount to Windows Server 2008 R2

Hi i have some problem to mount a Windows Server 2008 R2 share on AIX. I found the artikel 157701-aix-cifs-mount-windows-server-2008-share on the Forum (cant post the Link) witch decribe my situation but there is no solution. I can mount a share to a Windows 2003 SP2 Server but not to 2008 R2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrTee
2 Replies

6. AIX

I/O speed to CIFS mounted Windows Share

I have an AIX box that mounts a Windows share across subnets. When I try to copy a 100 MB file to it, it copies around 2 MB/s. If I copy to another Windows share on the same subnet it copies around 12 MB/s. All I have is gigabit networks so I would expect it to go well over 12 MB/s, which is the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
8 Replies

7. AIX

Mount CIFS on AIX

Hello AIX gurus, I am trying to mount a CIFS share on AIX and I could use some help. Here are the environment details: AIX - 6100-05-01-1016 Domain Controller - WIN2K8R2 (authentication takes place here) CIFS share is stored on a NetApp storage array that is joined to the domain I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhall
2 Replies

8. AIX

How can we share a AIX drive on to Windows 2012 server?

Hi, How can we share a AIX drive on to Windows 2012 server. or vise versa. Note: Not using NFS/CIFS/samba. (*we are not able to use samba/NFS/CIFS for some reason) Requirement: How to have real time file sharing over the network between Windows and UNIX Do you guys have any ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to access the CIFS share folder on windows by IP

Hi All Actually I have NAS Storage and Suddenly I got problem Unable to access the CIFS share folder on windows host, however the IP is pinging and the share is accessible via share name. The share can be accessed via share name only on Windows higher Windows Versions. Any help guys (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abu_SM
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)