Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users /dev/shm space in red hat linux Post 302512283 by er.prabu on Saturday 9th of April 2011 08:22:41 AM
Old 04-09-2011
Currently there won't be any impact,However,when you try to start some other APP you may get a shm errors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat Linux 6.0

Ok here is my problem i do not know the command to load a driver for my network card in Ted hat linux 6.0 could sombody give me a hand. and if there is anyone that has a list of commands for red hat that would be great also (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Red Hat 7.2 Problem

how come red hat doesn't have this programs which was already supposed to be on it?? take for instance, I was reading this Linux book that says for me to do some work in glint X11 client for packagement. it says glint is accessible from the command line or control panel. the problem is, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slackware's Linux 3.0 VS Red Hat Linux 7.x

Hello guys, I got overzealous (I Think). I got the book Linux Unleashed that comes with the Slackware 3.0 Version of Linux for $2.00.I also have Red Hat Linux 7.2 (No book, just the OS).What I wanted to know was,other than the bells and whistles of Red Hat is there any significant difference... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perrylx
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XP to Linux (Red Hat)

I have a PC running XP, and I have a PC that dual boots W2K and Red Hat Linux 7.3. I have the two connected via crossover cable, and the two can access each other when both are running windows. If I were to boot up Linux, can my XP PC telnet to the Linux PC? Any pointers or websites to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
3 Replies

5. Linux

Red Hat Linux 9

Hello there! Will anybody please tell me some good links to online eBooks on Red Hat Linux 9 user experiences and the like. If the books are in PDF Format, it will be nice to read. Thanks for cooperation in advance. Enjoy using open source and breathe freely! JAM (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add nodev for /dev/shm partition in Linux using shell script?

Hi, Please guide me how to add nodev option for /dev/shm partition. I am new to scripting and looking to do via command line. Thanks Litu (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu1988
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing size for /dev/shm

Hello, How do I increase the size of /dev/shm ? Additional pv have been added and rootlv has been extended How can I extend /dev/shm? Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_db
1 Replies

9. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to download Red Hat Linux 7?

Pls help me where i can download linux 7 installations (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
7 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						    SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev, /sys and /run to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
chroot(2), init(8), mkinitrd(8), mount(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)