Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bash script to display tail
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash script to display tail Post 302512223 by Corona688 on Friday 8th of April 2011 06:03:35 PM
Old 04-08-2011
Gives you what errors?

---------- Post updated at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:00 PM ----------

Anyway, after checking some manpages, depending on what version of tail you have you might be able to do this:

Code:
tail -n +15 < inputfile | sed 's/$/\r//' > winfile

+15 as in, start printing at line 15, ignoring lines 1-14..

Don't even need unix2dos.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tail-alike display of new files in directory

The system I work on, produces several kinds of status-files in a single directory. I would like to be able to see the files as they are added to this directory. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a "tail -f" alike view of the ls-command, in such a way that a newly added file is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rschelkers
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to display line number for tail -f

Hi, Just wonder if there is any quick way to display line number when monitoring a log file with tail -f? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iengca
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tail display ....in perl

hi we have 3 servers and we have a script to monitor cpu usage of all 3 servers and writes into one file on one of the server where we monitor all those servers ( by doing tail -f filename ) so we decided to create script ( perl ) that will read values from this file and display it should be like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display runnning countdown in a bash script?

I am looking for a way to display on a single line, a running countdown for a given amount of time in a terminal using a bash script. I am looking for this to use as part of a larger bash script that captures Video. The script sets up a bunch of parameters for DVgrab, and one of the parameters... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starcast
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script tail when string found do something

Okay, I have two scripts, the first one does some stuff, and comes to a point where it has this: Right here it runs a quick script to start something that writes to a log file. /usr/bin/tail -f ${pathVar}/nohup_${servVar}.out | while read -r line do ] && continue cd ${pathVar}... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display Specific line number using tail command

Hi , 1)i want to display specific line number using tail command. e.g. display 10 line from end. Please help... 2)Want to display line 10 to 15 (from end)using tail command) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to refresh a graphical display through bash script

Hi folks , I need to display a message graphically using a messagebox or textbox through bash script. However the message should be keep changing every 4 secs . I input the message from a file and use "gxmessage" to display it . gxmessage -nofocus -center -title "Welcome screen" -geometry... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddspark
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

head\tail how to display middle lines

hay i need to display middle line: 1 2 3 4 5 how can i display 3-4? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: margan_ron
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to display result in table

My script gives the following result. Is it possible to display the same in table format ? 1. rex_best Latest feeds are not avaialable. The last feed was generated on 2012-05-17 File Name = ekb_best_20120517_010949_665.tar.gz The Number of entry elements = 4209539 2. rex_genre Latest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorekumar87
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to display certain line of file only using head or tail in 1 command?

First month learning about the Linux terminal and it has been a challenge yet fun so far. We're learning by using a gameshell. I'm trying to display a certain line ( only allowed 1 command ) from a file only using the head or tail. I'm pretty about this answer: head -23 history.txt | tail -1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forzatekk
1 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)