Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to use 'nohup' and 'at' commands collectively? Post 302512134 by Corona688 on Friday 8th of April 2011 12:31:04 PM
Old 04-08-2011
Code:
echo 'autobatch -bl -bc'|at 5:10 pm 08 april

should work fine. Does it give the same error or something else?

I also note you're not giving the complete path like I suggested. echo '/path/to/autobatch -bl -bc' | at ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"nohup" and "&" commands

Why would anyone ever type in a command like this: nohup command & nohup lets you logout of your telnet session so why add "&" to run it in the background? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
1 Replies

2. Programming

code that reads commands from the standard i/p and executes the commands

Hello all, i've written a small piece of code that will read commands from standard input and executes the commands. Its working fine and is execting the commands well. Accepting arguments too. e.g #mkdir <name of the directory> The problem is that its not letting me change the directory i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phrozen Smoke
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

killing nohup commands delete files?

Hello, I just want to ask if killing a specific procees might delete files being read of that process? Here is the scenario: I execute nohup find . -type f |xargs ls -lrt > nohup1.out & I noticed that it is taking so much space, I check that there are files so huge .nfs* and keep on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: james_falco
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using mutiple "nohup" to execute multiple commands.

I need to run multiple commands on remote server using the nohup... I have tried 2 options 1) rsh <SERVER_NAME> -n "nohup perl $SCRIPTS_DIR/abc.pl ; $SCRIPTS_DIR/xyz.ksh & " & 2) rsh <SERVER_NAME> -n "nohup perl $SCRIPTS_DIR/abc.pl & nohup $SCRIPTS_DIR/xyz.ksh & " & I need to know if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using nohup with set of commands

hi I want to use nohup command with set of commands .. my goofy sample : nohup while true do ; date; done and its not working . any idea ? cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvok
1 Replies

7. AIX

HACMP: difference between 'cl' commands and 'cli' commands

Hi all, I'm new in this forum. I'm looking for the difference between the HACMP commands with the prefix "cl" and "cli". The first type are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/sbin directory and the second are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/cspoc directory. I know that the first are called HACMP for AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peppix
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nohup

Hi Every one , i wrote a script for nohpu ,which checks the service by using the port number and starts if it doesnt hear the port. It works good untill i colse the session. how to make it work even after closing the session .And aslo how to deamoize this script #!/bin/bash netstat -ptlen |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving nohup output to a file other than nohup.out

Shell : bash OS : Oracle Linux 6.4 I want to save the ouput of a nohup command to file other than nohup.out . Below are my 3 attempts. For both Attempt1 and Attempt2 , the redirection logs the output correctly to the output file. But I get the error "ignoring input and redirecting stderr to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Execute Oracle pl/sql commands in a scrit using nohup

Good afternoon: I need your help please, Im new at Unix nd specially Unix applicationas like oracle and Ive got this problem: I was asked to execute the next script using nohup in order to not hang up the session because it was supposed to connect to the database and then insert about 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies
NOHUP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup -- invoke a utility immune to hangups SYNOPSIS
nohup [--] utility [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The nohup utility invokes utility with its arguments and at this time sets the signal SIGHUP to be ignored. If the standard output is a ter- minal, the standard output is appended to the file nohup.out in the current directory. If standard error is a terminal, it is directed to the same place as the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin nohup command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. ENVIRONMENT
The following variables are utilized by nohup: HOME If the output file nohup.out cannot be created in the current directory, the nohup utility uses the directory named by HOME to create the file. PATH Used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. EXIT STATUS
The nohup utility exits with one of the following values: 126 The utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 The utility could not be found or an error occurred in nohup. Otherwise, the exit status of nohup will be that of utility. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), signal(3) STANDARDS
The nohup utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BUGS
Two or more instances of nohup can append to the same file, which makes for a confusing output. BSD
July 19, 2001 BSD