Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Runtime Statistics
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Runtime Statistics Post 302511298 by CKT_newbie88 on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 11:35:49 AM
Old 04-06-2011
Thanks for the tips,

I am now trying to capture the elapsed time into a variable in (C Shell). I would like to 'echo' the start time, end time and time elapsed - along with other variables and commands.

Please advise.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell version at runtime?

How can I check what kornshell version I am using at runtime from within a kornshell script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qanda
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass runtime parm to at -f shell script

Hi Folks... I am using a ksh script to submit the at command to run a shell script for immediate execution. The shell script requries 1 parameter. Command in the script is at -m -f $EXE_DIR/process_server.sh $START_TIME $DB_NAME where START_TIME=now and DB_NAME= tnsname of Oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: island360
1 Replies

3. AIX

allocate memory for shell script at runtime during execution--urgent critical help!!

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

allocate memory for a shell script at runtime--urgent critical help!!!

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allocate memory for a shell script in Aix at runtime-urgent critical

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing runtime arguments to a shell script...

hi I am new to shell programming.....my question is while running one of my shell program it stops in between to accept input from the user and proceeds furthur after giving input....I want to know whether I can set this input through some files so that the shell acript reads the input from the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: santy
10 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script average runtime

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Make a bash script that calculates average runtime for the first two scripts you made. The average should be... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: navlelo
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Statistics

Hi All, I am writing a UNIX shell script for the Database Operations and wanted to take the statistics i.e. How much time my script has taken to complete the operation. I wanted to apply the logic say: In the beginning of the script I will store the value of current date and time in some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambarginni
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting: frequency of specific word in a string and statistics

Hello friends, I need a BIG help from UNIX collective intelligence: I have a CSV file like this: VALUE,TIMESTAMP,TEXT 1,Sun May 05 16:13:05 +0000 2013,"RT @gracecheree: Praying God sends me a really great man one day. Gotta trust in his timing. 0,Sun May 05 16:13:05 +0000 2013,@sendi__... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraterions
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need optimized awk/perl/shell to give the statistics for the Large delimited file

I have a file size is around 24 G with 14 columns, delimiter with "|" My requirement- can anyone provide me the fastest and best to get the below results Number of records of the file First column and second Column- Unique counts Thanks for your time Karti ------ Post updated at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikirans
3 Replies
LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)

NAME
lr_environment - Export Lire configuration in shell script form SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_environment` DESCRIPTION
The lr_environment command is used to import the Lire configuration in Lire shell scripts. All of Lire configuration variables will be written in a format that can be evaled by the shell. Shell scripts don't usually have to use that command, since it is done by the defaults file sourced by each command. The old names used by when the configuration was done in shell script are also exported by this script for backward compatibility. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: lr_environment.in,v 1.12 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)